ARVC Recognizes Top Parks at Hospitality Expo
The National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (ARVC) recognized the achievements of private parks during its annual industry awards competition as part of the Nov. 30-Dec. 2 Outdoor Hospitality Conference and Expo in Savannah, Ga., according to a press release.
The highest honors, called the “Park of the Year” awards and sponsored by Good Sam, were given to campgrounds, RV parks and resorts based on several criteria, including customer service, employee training, operational excellence, national directory ratings and community service. Winners included:
• Nashville Country RV Park, Goodlettsville, Tenn., Small Park of the Year
• Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Kozy Rest, Harrisville, Pa., Medium Size Park of the Year
• Buttonwood Campground, Mexico, Pa., Large Park of the Year
• Ocean Lakes Family Campground, Myrtle Beach, S.C., Mega Park of the Year
The parks that made exemplary efforts to become environmentally friendly received the association’s “Plan it Green Award.” The winners in this category were:
• Guadalupe River RV Park Campground & Nature Trails, Spring Branch, Texas, Small/Medium Park Category
• Lakewood Camping Resort, Myrtle Beach, S.C., Large/Mega Park Category
On the marketing front, awards were presented to state campground associations that produced the best statewide campground directories. Award recipients in this category included:
• Maryland Association of Campgrounds, Small State Association Category
• New Jersey Campground Owners Association, Medium State Association Category
• California Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds, Large State Association Category
Top performing state campground association executives were also recognized for their efforts, including:
• Rob Halcrow, Tennessee Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds, State Executive Director of the Year
• Vicki Cole, Ohio Association of Campground Owners, State President of the Year
Mark Anderson, Steve Albrecht, Jo Ann Mickelson, and Karl Littman were all recognized for exemplary service as outgoing members of the ARVC board , while Tom Kilmer of Suburban Propane was recognized as, “Supplier of the Year” for going the extra mile on behalf of its customers and the campground industry.
The winners were announced during an awards ceremony Friday at the expo, which took place at the Westin Savannah Golf Resort & Spa in Savannah.