Dick Gore’s to Offer Wheelchair-Ready Coach
Jacksonville, Fla.-based Dick Gore’s RV World announced it will be carrying the 2012 Canyon Star 3911 by Newmar Corp., the first luxury motor coach designed from the ground up to be wheelchair accessible.
According to a press release, the Canyon Star 3911 is a full-size Class A motorhome built on a Ford chassis and powered by a V10 gas engine.
“Unlike units that have been aftermarket adapted for handicap access, the Canyon Star 3911 was actually built with wheelchair access in mind,” says Dana Drake, general manager at Dick Gore’s RV World. “It has all the luxury you could want — a plush interior, three slideouts, rear and side cameras, truffle full-paint Masterpiece finish — but it also has a 48-inch power wheelchair lift, lowered switches and controls, and a 30-inch path through the coach, even with the slides in.”
Other features include:
• Lowered cooktop with the microwave below.
• 48-inch by 37-inch roll-in shower with seat.
• Accessible sink, with lowered mirror and cabinet and commode grab bars.
• Wheelchair storage behind the passenger seat.
• Combo dinette with table that accommodates wheelchairs.
Dick Gore’s RV World is a full-service dealership with with three locations in Jacksonville, St. Augustine and Richmond Hill, Ga.