- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
SSI: October Canadian Towable Sales Drop 2%
Posted By RV Business On December 15, 2011 @ 4:32 pm In Breaking News,SSI's Retail Reports | No Comments
Year-over-year Canadian retail sales of towable RVs showed a 1.9% decline in October and a 1.8% increase for the first 10 months of 2011, according to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc. (SSI).
A sector-by-sector breakdown indicates:
• Sales in the travel trailer sector were down 2.5% in October and 4.8% year-to-date.
• Fifth-wheel sales were fell 6.7% for the month and edged down 2.1% through October.
• Folding camping trailers registrations dropped 20% in October and 12.2% for the first 10 months.
• Recreational park trailers sales declined 66.7% for the month and fell 12.3% year-to-date.
Thor Industries Inc. was the overall Canadian towables sales leader for the 10 months with a 33.0% market share, followed by Forest River Inc. at 18.4% and Jayco Inc. was No. 3, holding a 16.2% share.
Thor also was the leader in travel trailer sales through October with a 31.7% market share while Forest River was No. 2 with a 17.9% share, edging out Jayco, which captured a 17.5% share.
Thor held a commanding lead in the Canadian fifth-wheel sector year-to-date, capturing a 47.3% market share, with Forest River posting a 17.3% share. Thor was also No. 1 in park model sales with a 32.1% share followed by Skyline Corp. at 23.5% and General Coach Canada at 16.6%.
Forest River led camping trailer sales for the 10 months with a 28.7% market share while Jayco posted a 27.6% share and Forest River’s Coachmen division held a 16.5% share.
To subscribe to this or other SSI reports, contact Scott Stropkai, national RV sales manager, at (616) 281-9898 ext 128, or (616) 446-8179 (cell).
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/12/ssi-october-canadian-towable-sales-drop-2/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.