- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
SSI: Towable Sales Edge Down 5.3% for October
Posted By RV Business On December 14, 2011 @ 10:26 am In Breaking News,News In Focus,SSI's Retail Reports | No Comments
Year-over-year retail towable sales dipped in October – down 5.3% – while registrations rose 4.4% for the first 10 months. The sector has been relatively flat since January of this year, posting marginal monthly gains or losses in registrations.
According to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc., October results were:
• Sales for the high-volume travel trailer sector edged down 1.0% for the month but were up 7.1% year-to-date.
• Fifth-wheel registrations dropped 12.9% in October and edged up 1.8% for the 10 months.
• Folding camping trailer sales declined 10.8% in October and 9.9% year-to-date.
• Park model sales declined 18.3% for the month and 4.4% through October.
Thor Industries Inc. remained the towable sales leader year-to-date with a 36.5% market share, followed by Forest River Inc. at 21.4% and Jayco Inc. with a 12.3% share.
By segment for the first 10 months, Thor was No. 1 in travel trailer sales with a 33.3% share, ahead of Forest River (22.0%) and Jayco (14.1%). Thor held a commanding lead in fifth-wheel sales, capturing a 54.2% market share, while Forest River posted a 17.2% share.
Forest River was the folding camping trailer sales leader through October with a 35.3% market share while Jayco (18.2%) held the No. 2 position. In the park model segment, Thor was No. 1, posting a 23.8% market share, with Skyline Corp. at No. 2, holding a 12.5% share.
To subscribe to this or other SSI reports, contact Scott Stropkai, national RV sales manager, at (616) 281-9898 ext. 128, or (616) 446-8179 (cell).
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/12/ssi-towable-sales-edge-down-5-3-for-october/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.