- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
CrossRoads, Jellystone Honor Troops, Families
Posted By RVBusiness On January 30, 2012 @ 4:55 pm In Breaking News | No Comments
Twenty-six military families enjoyed CrossRoads RV’s hospitality this past summer in “Operation Appreciation”.
According to a press release, CrossRoads RV partnered with Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp Resort at Barton Lake in Fremont, Ind., to offer free lodging for members of the U.S. military and their families in appreciation of their service to the country.
The park donated a seasonal lot while CrossRoads RV supplied a Hampton destination trailer, which the Topeka, Ind.-based company manufactures. The program began May 6 and ran through the camping season.
The military families came from eight states, as far away as Texas, and stayed a total of 127 days. Responses to CrossRoads included:
• One service man wrote, “I want to extend my gratitude to you. . .The hospitality that was granted my family was outstanding. They are under an extensive amount of stress due to my deployment. For them to be able to enjoy some down time and relax was well needed. By the kindness of your company that was made possible. Once again, thank you.”
• Another military family wrote, “My husband and I wanted to send you a special note to thank you for the ‘Operation Appreciation RV’ that we stayed in last week at Yogi Bear Campground. It was a wonderful week for our family to be together. The RV was great and made our camping trip a great experience. Thanks again for all your help and effort in planning this trip.”
• “We are going to surprise our kids with this trip!. . .They are going to be thrilled! We absolutely love to camp and this would have been the first year that we wouldn’t have gone. I can’t tell you how much we appreciate this,” said another family.
• A retired Naval Officer read about CrossRoads’ Operation Appreciation and expressed his gratitude by saying, “These men and women make great sacrifices for our freedom and safety. Your efforts to show appreciation is. . .very special to these service men and women. I’m glad to see. . .the American people show their gratitude and appreciation.”
According to Jellystone Park at Barton Lake President of Operations Julie Corcimiglia, the company launched Operation Appreciation as a way of honoring U.S. service men and women for their sacrifice, bravery and hard work to ensure American freedom and plans to continue the program during next summer’s camping season as well.
“We were thrilled to be part of Operation Appreciation honoring our military men and women for their service to our country. It was very rewarding watching the family’s camp and spend quality time together. They all deserve it so much! We are looking forward to meeting the new families again next year,” stated Corcimiglia.
CrossRoads will be accepting reservations for the 2012 camping season on Feb. 1. For reservation please call 888-226-7496 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/01/crossroads-jellystone-honor-troops-families/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.