Exhibitors Offer Upbeat Reviews of FRVTA Show
In the wake of last week’s 2012 Florida RV SuperShow, which set a new record for attendance, several exhibitors offered upbeat comments about sales and the general mood of buyers.
The following is a collection of quotes assembled by the host Florida RV Trade Association (FRVTA) and Jay Perrett of RVM Promotions that confirm the event was one of the best shows in a number of years.
• “The crowds are bigger and more engaging than the past few years. We are selling a lot of product,” said Gary Conley of Lance Camper Manufacturing Corp.
• “It’s been a dynamite show. Better than last year. Traffic has been great and it’s obvious there is pent-up demand. People are ready to buy. Today (Saturday) has been a record day,” said Ryan Hollan, from Camping World.
• “Fantastic show. The rain and cooler weather did not keep people away the first few days. Best show I’ve been to in 25 years,” said Starcraft Inc.’s Troy O’Leary.
• “We’re having a great show. There are a lot of buyers out here. Better than last year; people are very optimistic. You can see that the economy is improving,” said T.R Fulk of Bates RV.
• “We have tripled our sales compared with last year. Wednesday and Thursday the traffic was average, but people came to buy. The snowbirds and full-timers are here trading up their older units,” said Jon Sare of Forest River Inc.
• “The smaller, lightweight units have been our best sellers. We are working lots of deals. There are a lot more families out here today looking at bunkhouses. It’s 4 p.m. and I’m just having lunch,” said George Grimm, of Campers Inn Fruitland Park.
• “We had a lot of serious buyers early on Wednesday that wanted to get an early start picking out their new unit. We have been extremely busy Friday and Saturday,” said Tim Garner of Airstream Inc. as 100-plus shoppers were looking at units in the Bates RV display.
• “This year’s show has been wonderful. The buyers are here this week. Traffic and sales are much improved over last year. Lightweight trailers with bunks have been our best sellers,” said Sam Hunter, of Arrow RV.
• “Great show. We have more than doubled our sales from last year,” said Matt Grimes, of Evergreen Recreational Vehicles LLC.