- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
SSI: November Canadian Towable Sales Up 5.9%
Posted By RVBusiness On January 19, 2012 @ 9:14 am In Breaking News,SSI's Retail Reports | No Comments
Year-over-year Canadian retail sales of towable RVs were up 5.9% in November and a 2.8% for the first 11 months of 2011, according to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc. (SSI).
A sector-by-sector breakdown indicates:
• Sales in the travel trailer sector increased 8.4% in November and 5.8% year-to-date.
• Fifth-wheel sales edged up 2.9% for the month and slid 0.7% through November.
• Folding camping trailer registrations dropped 9.1% in November and 11.8% for the first 11 months.
• Recreational park trailers sales in November matched last year, but fell 11% year-to-date.
Thor Industries Inc. was the overall Canadian towables sales leader for the 11 months with a 33.2% market share, followed by Forest River Inc. at 18.3% and Jayco Inc. at No. 3, holding a 16.1% share.
Thor also was the leader in travel trailer sales through November with a 31.8% market share while Forest River was No. 2 with a 17.8% share, edging out Jayco, which captured a 17.5% share.
Thor held a commanding lead in the Canadian fifth-wheel sector year-to-date, capturing a 47.7% market share, with Forest River posting a 17.1% share. Thor was also No. 1 in park model sales with a 31.6% share followed by Skyline Corp. at 23.1% and General Coach Canada at 16.0%.
Forest River led camping trailer sales for the 11 months with a 28.7% market share while Jayco posted a 27.6% share and Forest River’s Coachmen division held a 16.5% share.
To subscribe to this or other SSI reports, contact Scott Stropkai, national RV sales manager, at (616) 281-9898 ext 128, or (616) 446-8179 (cell).
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/01/ssi-november-canadian-towable-sales-up-5-9/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.