- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Turnout Strong for GS Events’ Weekend Shows
Posted By RV Business On January 9, 2012 @ 4:01 pm In Breaking News | No Comments
RV and outdoor enthusiasts turned out in high numbers this past weekend at both the Progressive Insurance 2nd Annual New Mexico RV, Boat & Travel Show in Albuquerque, N.M., and the Progressive Insurance 23rd Annual North Carolina RV & Camping Show in Greensboro, N.C.
According to a press release from GS Events, both shows reported strong sales and steady, high attendance. Comments from participants at the New Mexico show included:
• Doug Schwebach, sales manager for La Mesa RV of Albuquerque, noted, “We are obviously seeing pent-up demand for the New Mexico RV market. We have been impressed by the amount of quality traffic, and the show has exceeded our expectations.”
• “This was our first year at the New Mexico RV, Boat & Travel Show and it definitely will not be our last,” said Dave Lipisea, owner of Vallecito RV Resort in Bayfield, Colo. “The opportunity to interact with several hundred people a day was invaluable.”
The Greensboro show, sponsored by Bojangle’s and WFMY News 2, had a similar turnout and dealers and exhibitors were pleased with the show’s response.
• “We were very happy with the traffic at the show all weekend,” said Dennis Watkins, operations manager, Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp Resort.
• Alan Good, general manager, Camping World of Statesville, stated, “The show proved to be a positive barometer for the RV industry in 2012. I’m thankful for the record sales activity and the head start this show has given our dealership for the year.”
“We were pleased to see the enthusiasm of the RVing community at the first of our three Progressive Insurance North Carolina RV & Camping Shows,” noted Jeff Haughton, vice president, Eastern region manager of GS Events. “Buying activity was at an all-time high and purchases were made at all levels from small trailers to class A motorhomes.”
Visit www.GSEvents.com for information about upcoming consumer shows, exhibitor lists, and discounted online tickets to the shows.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/01/turnout-strong-for-gs-events-weekend-shows/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.