- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
ARVC Announces Spring Seminar Series Agenda
Posted By RVBusiness On February 14, 2012 @ 3:16 pm In Breaking News | No Comments
The National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (ARVC) and the ARVC Foundation announce the first Spring Seminar Series as an extension to its already popular Outdoor Hospitality Conference & Expo held in November and the National School of RV Park and Campground Management held in February.
The first Spring Seminar will be held May 16-17 in Denver.
“We’ve scheduled the series mid-week so that campground operators can get back to their parks in time to prepare for the weekend,” Barb Youmans, ARVC’s senior director of membership and education, stated in a news release. “Seminars will end at 2 p.m. on Thursday, making it easy to catch an evening flight.”
ARVC’s Spring Seminar Series features nine seminars:
• “Protecting Your Park From Perils” with Mark Maciha of Northern Arizona University. As part of this seminar, park operators will fill out a needs assessment that helps them determine areas of potential risk in their campgrounds. Maciha will work with park operators to develop a plan to reduce health and safety risks in their parks.
• “Happy Campers,” a seminar that teaches park operators how to communicate expectations to staff and ensure that those expectations are met every day so that guests achieve the highest levels of customer service.
• “Business Cents” with Mary Arlington of MMCC Inc. Arlington will help park operators learn how to optimize customer satisfaction within the business capabilities of their organization and develop a plan to achieve needed business modifications that are identified in the session.
• “Risky Business,” a session that helps park operators learn how to implement effective risk management practices.
• “Great Expectations” with Ron Williams of Travel Resorts of America. This session will teach park operators how to set standards for their business as well as how to monitor and maintain service levels.
• “The Social Stampede” with Barb Krumm and Rachel Beckerman of Ocean Lakes Campground in Myrtle Beach, S.C. This session provides basic instruction in Facebook, Twitter and other social media tools. Park operators will learn how to use these tools and incorporate them into their business strategy.
• “Cash Cow” with Bud Styers and Associates and Smokey Hollow Campground in Lodi, Wis. Styer will teach park operators how to identify creative ways to raise revenue by providing additional services, activities and products.
• “Decisions, Decisions, Decisions,” a seminar that helps park operators assess the various technologies that are available to help them attract more business. This session will show park operators how to make the best decisions for their business.
• “Let’s Go Shopping” with Janine Roberts of Tradavo, a wholesale supplier of foods, beverages and sundries to small format retailers. Park operators will learn how to manage the retail space they have while creating an appealing atmosphere and making more money.
Registration includes all seminars and materials, as well as, breakfast and lunch both days. Discounts are available for those who register before March 31. Special lodging rates are available for seminar participants at the Embassy Suites Denver Tech Center. For more information, visit www.arvc.org/seminarSeriesMain.aspx or call the ARVC Education Department at (303) 681-0401, Ext. 118.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/02/arvc-announces-spring-seminar-series-agenda/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.