Rand McNally and Woodall’s are partnering to include Woodall’s campground data in Rand McNally’s TripMaker RVND GPS units for RVers.
According to a press release, the data will be pre-loaded in devices shipping mid-April, and also will be available to current owners of TripMaker RVND devices – both the 5-inch and 7-inch models – via a free download early in the second quarter.
Rand McNally said it will be reaching out to existing owners to ensure that they are able to download the new content.
“Woodall’s is North America’s leading source of campground information for RVers and campers. We are very pleased to offer this very valued content as part of our industry-leading RV GPS devices,” said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally.
Highlights of the Woodall’s Campground data include:
• Listings for more than 12,000 RV parks and campground locations, with amenities.
• Family-friendly campgrounds and pets-allowed locations.
• “Big Rig” parks.
• “Green parks.”
• Site information such as extended stay sites available, typical site width and pull-through information.
• Services such as fees, escort to site, dumping.
• Essential information about seasonality and rates.
The data also includes the proprietary “5-W” ratings, which reflect the views of unbiased inspectors who visit and rate every possible private campground each year.
“We are excited to bring together two well-known brands in the RVing community – Rand McNally and Woodall’s,” said Ann Emerson, vice president and publisher, Woodall’s & Trailer Life Directory. “Our carefully researched data will certainly enhance the value of the TripMaker RVND GPS to RVers, especially those who have been loyal users of Woodall’s for decades.”