- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
TriMas Corp. Reports Record 4Q, Full-Year Sales
Posted By RV Business On February 27, 2012 @ 1:45 pm In Breaking News | No Comments
Bloomfield Hills, Mich.-based TriMas Corp., parent of RV supplier Cequent Performance Products Inc., today (Feb. 27) reported record fourth-quarter and full-year sales.
Revenue during the fourth quarter from continuing operations was $259.7 million, an increase of 22.2% compared to fourth quarter 2010. Fourth quarter 2011 income from continuing operations was $7.1 million, or $0.20 per diluted share, as compared to $7.6 million, or $0.22 per diluted share, in fourth quarter 2010.
For the year ended Dec. 31, the company reported sales from continuing operations of just over $1 billion, an increase of 20.1% compared to 2010. TiMas reported full year income from continuing operations of $50.8 million, or $1.46 per diluted share, compared to income from continuing operations of $38.9 million, or $1.13 per diluted share, in 2010.
Other TriMas 2011 highlights:
• Generated 2011 Free Cash Flow of $63.2 million, or more than 115% of income from continuing operations.
• Reduced total indebtedness, net of cash, from $448.3 million as of Dec. 31, 2010, to $381.0 million as of Dec. 31, 2011.
• Refined the business portfolio to support strategic imperatives and drive the highest return for stakeholders by completing three bolt-on acquisitions and selling the precision cutting tool and specialty fittings businesses.
• Refinanced the company’s U.S. credit facilities and amended its accounts receivable facility to reduce interest costs, extend maturities and improve financial and operational flexibility.
The company also announced acquisition of 70% ownership of Arminak & Associates, a leader in the design and supply of foamers, lotion pumps, fine mist sprayers and other packaging solutions for the cosmetic, personal care and household product markets. Arminak will become part of Rieke, within the Packaging segment.
“We are proud of our many accomplishments in 2011, as our balanced and structured approach to growth, productivity and cash generation drove positive results, significantly better than our early expectations,” said David Wathen, TriMas president and CEO. “We achieved sales growth of 20%, resulting primarily from the successful execution of our strategic growth initiatives including product innovation, geographic expansion and bolt-on acquisitions. We remained focused on our productivity and lean initiatives, and we used these savings to fund growth, offset inflation and maintain operating margin in a year of increased growth investment. We generated strong cash flow, managed our operating working capital as a percentage of sales and reduced interest costs. All of these successes, made possible by our dedicated employees, contributed to our earnings growth of approximately 40% on a comparable basis with 2010.”
To view the entire report click here.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/02/trimas-corp-reports-record-4q-year-end-sales-2/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.