- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Agreement Allows RPTIA Members to Join RVIA
Posted By RV Business On March 7, 2012 @ 12:50 pm In Breaking News,News In Focus | No Comments
The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) and Recreational Park Trailer Industry Association (RPTIA) have announced an agreement under which park trailer manufacturers will be able to join RVIA as members.
“This is something our members of RPTIA have been talking about for a long time. We feel this is the best time to move forward, and we are excited to be working with RVIA to better the park trailer and destination camping industry,” said Dick Grymonprez, chairman of RPTIA and vice president of sales and marketing for Athens Park Homes.
“We are very happy to welcome park trailer manufacturers as RVIA members,” said RVIA President Richard Coon. “We look forward to representing them and firmly believe that we can leverage our association services and programs to help these companies achieve their goals.”
RVIA’s board approved the agreement to have park trailer manufacturers join the association at its March 5 meeting in Palm Springs, Calif. In January, the RPTIA board and membership had a vote to suspend operations contingent upon favorable negotiations and the joint acceptance of a workable plan between RVIA and RPTIA that would result in park trailer manufacturers being allowed to join RVIA as voting members.
The agreement reached calls for a two-year trial period. RPTIA will “safe harbor” or “mothball” its association for these two years, pending an agreement of both parties to continue having RVIA represent park trailer manufacturers. An effective date of when park trailer manufacturers can join RVIA will be determined in the coming weeks.
As conditions of park trailer manufacturers joining RVIA:
• Park trailer members will have two representatives on the board.
• RVIA will form a Park Trailer Committee as one of the association’s standing committees.
• RVIA will continue the Destination Camping Committee and its efforts to study and recommend initiatives to grow this market segment.
• RVIA will hire a full-time senior level staff person who will report to Coon. This person will be responsible for providing guidance, managing information, serving as a spokesperson and representing park trailer manufacturers’ best interests.
• ANSI A119.5 will be recognized and accepted as a park trailer standard and will be maintained by RVIA’s Standards Steering Committee. RVIA inspectors will inspect park trailer plants at least twice per year.
• RVIA will continue efforts to have HUD accept the A119.5 as an exception to the Construction Code.
• RVIA’s Government Affairs Department will represent the legislative interests of recreational park trailer manufacturers at both the state and federal levels.
• Park trailers members will be treated the same in terms of participation at the National RV Trade Show, with the understanding that there are size restrictions.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/03/agreement-allows-rptia-members-to-join-rvia/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.