The Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA) has several RV rallies scheduled for the remainder of the year.
According to a press release, FMCA’s 87th Family Reunion & Motorhome Showcase, dubbed “Formula For Fun,” is scheduled for Aug. 27-30 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis. This is the premier event of 2012 and will feature exhibits, seminars, entertainment, area tours and special events.
FMCA’s regional subgroups, known as areas, present additional rallies throughout the year. These area rallies typically include many of the same elements of the association’s nationally run Family Reunion & Motorhome Showcase events, in various locales around the United States.
Motorhome owners do not need to be FMCA members to attend the international Family Reunion or FMCA area rallies. In fact, owners of self-contained towable RVs will be welcomed as well at the Indianapolis Family Reunion in August, and at a number of the area rallies, depending on space issues, etc. (please check when registering).
FMCA’s first two area rallies of the year — Western Area and Southeast Area — took place in January and February, respectively. Remaining events include:
• Memorial Day weekend the Great Lakes Area Rally will be held in Berrien Springs, Mich., at the Berrien County Youth Fair grounds. The rally takes place May 24-28. Berrien Springs is not far from northern Indiana, which boasts great Amish food and crafts and the RV/MH Hall of Fame and Museum.
• The Northwest Area Rally will run June 21-24 at The Mill Casino on Coos Bay, in North Bend, Ore. The twin towns of Coos Bay and North Bend both offer beautiful views of the Pacific, and the area boasts beaches, boardwalks and museums.
• The Midwest Area Rally will be held at the Winnebago County Fairgrounds in Pecatonica, Ill., June 27-30. Located west of Rockford, Pecatonica reflects the past with historic homes, a preserved business district and a local history museum.
• The Northeast Area Rally will be held July 19-22 at the Champlain Valley Exposition in Essex Junction, Vt. The venue is close to renown Lake Champlain.
• The Rocky Mountain Area Rally, also called the Rocky Mountain Ramble, will be held Sept. 11-16 at the CAM-PLEX in Gillette, Wyo. This RV-friendly facility is set in the midst of America’s wide-open plains and mountains, not far from the famous Black Hills of South Dakota.
• The Heart of Oklahoma Expo Center in Shawnee, Okla., is the host venue for this year’s South Central Area Rally, or Six-State Rally, which runs Sept. 26-30. The area offers some great museums showcasing art and history, as well as the Citizen Potawatomi Nation Cultural Heritage Center.
• The Eastern Area Rally (known as G.E.A.R.) will run Oct. 10-14 at the York Expo Center in York, Pa. Attendees can explore the nearby Pennsylvania Dutch country and admire the colorful autumn scenery.
For more information about FMCA’s 2012 Family Reunion and area rallies, visit www.FMCA.com or call the Events Services Department at FMCA: (800) 543-3622, (513) 474-3622.