National Park Foundation Debuts Consumer Site
The National Park Foundation, the official charity of America’s national parks, today (April 11) unveiled www.nationalparks.org – a new, comprehensive community destination serving national park fans and supporters.
Built on the principle of delivering relevant, practical and compelling content generated by and for park visitors, the new online hub provides a centralized source for real-time news, information, commentary, photos, videos and more on America’s nearly 400 national parks, according to a news release.
As the official charitable partner of the National Park Service, the National Park Foundation and its website serve as the online epicenter to directly support all of America’s national parks and their programs. From massive conservation projects to small programs that make a big difference, discover the many ways the National Park Foundation is supporting the national parks – and how you can help.
Designed and created by STRATMARK, just a few of the unique features of www.nationalparks.org include:
• Parks Near You – Wherever you are, instantaneously discover the national parks nearest you – with nearly 400 parks in the system, you may be surprised to discover one right around the corner.
• What’s Your Favorite Park – Everyone has a favorite – what’s yours? Easily select yours and discover news, photos, videos and even the real-time weather at your favorite national park destination.
• Parks By The People – With one click learn the latest about your national park destination from other park visitors and supporters. Photos, videos, tips, news and even up-to-the-minute Facebook and Twitter tidbits direct from the National Park Service – find it all in one place on nationaparks.org park pages.
• Share Your Story – Have an amazing national park photo, story or video? Let your experience inspire others by sharing it with the world and other national park fans like you.
• National Park Marketplace – Now you can shop online and support your national parks at the same time. Visit the new National Park Marketplace and discover great NPF merchandise and other products that go to support the national parks.