RVIA Offering Upgrades for California RV Show
With space now available to companies interested in exhibiting at the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association’s (RVIA) 60th California RV Show, taking place Oct. 12-21 at the Fairplex in Pomona, Calif., RVIA has announced a number of enhancements to improve the show experience for exhibiting companies.
According to a press release enhancements include:
• New Pricing Structure – RVIA is now offering a tiered pricing structure for RV manufacturers to make it more cost effective for those companies opting to move in and arrange their units themselves. A new discounted rate of $2.50 per square foot rate does not include electricity or move-in assistance. The $3.90 per square foot rate includes 20-amp electrical service and assistance from an RVIA crew for move-in and vehicle arrangement.
• New Show Layout – A new floorplan will be unveiled this year that features one attendee entry point rather than four. A new mock campground and exhibitor tent will greet attendees upon entrance before they move onto the main show floor where more than 1,000 RVs will be on display across 500,000 square feet of exhibit space.
• Buy and Drive – Those attendees purchasing an RV at the show will be able to pick it up the very next day rather than needing to wait for a later delivery date.
• California RV Show App – In addition to the show website at www.carvshow.com, a new app for Apple and Android devices is being developed to provide a new level of show interactivity. Available through a QR code on the show brochure, the app will provide an interactive map, seminar reminders and a show scavenger hunt to win prizes.
• New Show Hours and Admission Pricing – Show hours will be extended by two hours on Fridays and Saturdays with the show open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Show hours will continue to be 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday – Thursday. The daily show admission will remain at $10. Attendees can purchase a wristband for $15 that provides for admission throughout the 10-day show. Also, military personnel will be admitted at no charge this year following a $4 discount in admission price last year.
In addition to these new show components, several popular elements introduced last year will be continued. This includes:
• The RV Factory Showcase – Different RV product types will be showcased in this popular area with RV manufacturer representatives on hand to give product demonstrations and show how RVs work.
• Free RV Parking – Anyone driving their RV to the show can park for free. This helps insure that trade-ins are on-site so dealers can complete the deal.
• Entertainment and seminars – The show will once again feature of number of entertainment options to keep attendees amused and informed.
For more information about the California RV Show, contact Western Show Director Tom Gaither at (818) 248-6600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.