- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
RVIA Poll Shows RVers Will Adapt to Gas Costs
Posted By RVBusiness On April 3, 2012 @ 2:08 pm In Breaking News,News In Focus | No Comments
Recreation vehicle owners expect to hit the road in big numbers this spring and summer, and plan to adjust to higher fuel prices by enjoying frequent weekend getaways and staying closer to home, according to a new survey.
Despite rising fuel prices, the latest Campfire Canvass survey of RV owners, conducted by the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA), reveals that 64% of RV owners intend to use their RVs more this spring/summer than they did last year, 24% say they’ll use their RVs the same amount and 7% indicated they’ll use their RV less.
The survey of 424 RV owners was conducted by RVIA and Cvent from March 14-27 and has a margin of error of 4.5%.
The top reasons for using their RVs more include enjoying outdoor activity, taking mini-vacations, spending quality time with family and escaping from the stress and pressure of everyday life.
More than half (58%) said that fuel prices will affect their RV travel plans. Respondents indicated they will still travel by RV, but will adjust plans by traveling to destinations closer to home (74%) and driving fewer miles in their RVs (68%).
Other survey results showed:
• Approximately 18% of RV owners are engaging in “seasonal” or “destination” camping.
• 70% of RVers plan to take more 1-4 day mini-vacations this spring/summer.
• 54% of RV owners bring pets along on trips. Most RVers traveling with pets bring dogs (92%) and cats (14%).
RVing is a great way to stay active while on vacation, according to RV owners.
• More than 71% of the respondents said they’re more physically active on an RV trip — 76% said their children are more active.
• 72% of the participants plan to visit a national park this year; 74% say they’ll visit a state park; and two-thirds plan to visit historic site this spring/summer.
• Favorite activities include sightseeing (77%), cooking out (75%), visiting friends and family (58%), hiking (57%), fishing (50%) and visiting festivals or fairs (49%).
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/04/rvia-poll-shows-rvers-will-adapt-to-gas-costs/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.