- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
RVIA Board Moves Ahead on Louisville Timing
Posted By RVBusiness On June 18, 2012 @ 10:15 am In Breaking News,News In Focus | No Comments
The move toward setting new dates for the National RV Trade Show took another step forward during last week’s Recreation Vehicle Industry Association’s (RVIA) Committee Week in Washington, D.C.
According to a press release, the RVIA board voted to support a National Show Committee motion to reschedule the event for Louisville, Ky., in the late September/early October time frame beginning in 2014.
The board took this action in its June 14 meeting with the understanding that before a decision can be finalized further input is needed from the all-industry ad hoc committee studying the industry event calendar and from the Kentucky Exposition Center about potential facility and hotel availability.
In other RVIA show-related news, the board instructed staff to study the possibility of conducting a five-day retail show in Southern California, beginning in spring 2013 if feasible, but no later than spring 2014. This event would be in addition to RVIA’s California RV Show held in the fall.
In other actions, the RVIA Board:
• Appointed Robert Harbin of Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. to an at-large seat and Curt Yoder of Kropf Industries and Dick Grymonprez of Athens Park Homes to the two newly-added recreational park trailer seats on RVIA’s board.
• Moved that RVIA RV member manufacturers be required to build all units with wood products that are compliant with the CARB Formaldehyde Emission Level Requirements – Phase 2, effective July 1.
• Approved a motion from the Recreational Park Trailer Committee recommending that RVIA formally adopt the 2009 edition of the ANSI A119.5 and also the 2011 edition of the National Electrical Code (NEC) instead of the 2008 NEC that is currently referenced within ANSI A119.5.
• Approved a motion from the Recreational Park Trailer Committee recommending that the RVIA recreational park trailer seal price be set at $150 to include a $75 association fee as well as a $75 market expansion assessment that will be collected and held for future promotional efforts.
• Approved the following locations for RVIA’s Trouble Shooter Clinics: Orange County, Calif.; Alberta, Canada; Elkhart, Ind.; and Denver, Colo., for fiscal year 2013; and Texas; Pennsylvania; Elkhart; and a location in the Southeast for FY2014. Additionally, an increase in registration fees from $15 to $20 per credit hour were approved for FY2013 with a portion of the increase to be used to offer a 10% discount toward RV technician certification testing fees if testing occurs within 90 days of attendance at a Trouble Shooter Clinic.
• Authorized the addition of wholesale shipment statistics for Canadian provinces to the RVIA monthly marketing report.
• Approved holding an RVIA Annual Meeting in March 2013 with specific dates and a location in southern Florida to be determined; holding Committee Week 2013 in early June at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C.; holding the September 2013 board meeting in western Canada.
The RVIA board meeting was held at the Willard InterContinental Hotel and capped an intensive week of meetings during Committee Week 2012.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/06/rvia-board-moves-ahead-on-louisville-timing/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.