- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
SSI: April Towable Sales Dip 3.2%, Trailers Flat
Posted By RV Business On June 18, 2012 @ 4:14 pm In Breaking News,News In Focus,SSI's Retail Reports | No Comments
Year-over-year retail towable sales fell 3.2% in April while registrations for the four months gained 4.8%.
According to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc., April results showed:
• April sales for the high-volume travel trailer sector were flat, two units lower than the previous month’s total, while year-to-date registrations rose 9.2%.
• Fifth-wheel registrations decreased 7% for the month and edged up 0.5% through April.
• Folding camping trailer sales declined 19.2% in April and 18.2% year-to-date.
• Park model sales fell 24.5% for the month and 24.4% through April.
Thor Industries Inc. was the towable sales leader year-to-date with a 36.9% market share, followed by Forest River Inc. at 21.2%% and Jayco Inc. with an 11.5% share.
By segment for the four months, Thor was No. 1 in travel trailer sales with a 32.6% share, ahead of Forest River (21.5%) and Jayco (13.4%). Thor held a commanding lead in fifth-wheel sales, capturing a 54.6% market share, while Forest River posted a 17.1% share and Jayco had a 5.7% share.
Forest River was the folding camping trailer sales leader for the four months with a 44% market share while Jayco (17.7%) held the No. 2 position followed by Forest River’s Coachmen RV division (11.4%). In the park model segment, Thor was No. 1, posting a 25.6% market share, with Skyline Corp. at No. 2, holding a 10.9% share, and Kropf Manufacturing Co. Inc. third at 9.1%.
To subscribe to this or other SSI reports, contact Scott Stropkai, national RV sales manager, at (616) 281-9898 ext. 128, or (616) 446-8179 (cell).
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/06/ssi-april-towable-sales-dip-3-2-trailers-flat/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.