Expanded RVIA Pomona Show Set for October
The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association’s (RVIA) 60th Annual California RV Show, taking place Oct. 12–21 at the Fairplex in Pomona, will feature increased RV exhibit space and several enhancements to improve the show experience for attendees.
This year’s show will cover 523,000 square feet of exhibit space, well over the 467,000 square feet at the 2011 event. More than 925 RVs will be on display, including 150 RVs available for test drives by interested consumers.
The 60th California RV Show will also offer a number of elements and enhancements to inform, entertain and engage attendees, including:
• New Show Layout – A new floorplan will be unveiled this year that features one attendee entry point rather than four. A new mock campground and exhibitor tent will greet attendees upon entrance before they move onto the main show floor.
• Extended Show Hours and Admission Pricing – Show hours will be extended by two hours on Fridays and Saturdays with the show open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. The later hours will create a night-time camping atmosphere with the RVs being displayed with their lights on. Show hours will continue to be 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. from Sunday through Thursday. The daily show admission will remain at $10. Attendees can also purchase a wristband for $15 that provides for admission throughout the 10-day show. Also, military personnel will be admitted at no charge this year following a $4 discount in admission price last year.
• Buy “N” Drive – Also new this year, guests who purchase an RV at the show will be able to take delivery of their RV the very next afternoon rather than needing to wait for a later delivery date. This also limits additional foot traffic in the RV and allows the consumer to begin RVing sooner.
• The RV Factory Showcase – The different RV product types will be showcased in this popular area with RV manufacturer representatives on hand to meet with attendees and present product demonstrations showing how RVs work. There will be 10 product demonstrations in the McMahon’s RV seminar tent.
• California RV Show App – In addition to the show website at www.carvshow.com, a new app for Apple and Android devices will be available in mid-August to provide a new level of show interactivity. Users will be able to view the RVs that will be on display as well as obtain information on seminars and other show events.
• Scavenger Hunt – The app will also feature a show scavenger hunt. Users can enjoy taking specific show pictures as directed by their smart phone and win prizes, including Starbucks gift cards, movie passes and Shell gas cards.
• 60th anniversary celebration – To celebrate the show’s 60th anniversary, special edition cupcakes will be given out free to the first 1,500 customers on opening day.
• Entertainment and seminars – The show will once again feature of number of entertainment options for attendees, including celebrity autograph sessions with off-road racers Jeremy McGrath and Corey Weller at the Eclipse RV display on Oct 13.
• Access to Dr. Phil Show taping – Guests staying at the on-site KOA will be loading up the bus and attending the taping of the Dr. Phil Show on Oct. 18.
• Kids’ Corner – Continued from last year there is a Kids Corner where families can take a break from the show. New this year will be the pumpkin patch where kids can paint their very own pumpkin.
• Daily RV Prizes – Camping World, Roadtrek Motorhomes and Temecula RV will be giving away daily prizes inside the exhibitor tent.
For more information about the California RV Show, visit www.TheBestRVShow.com or “Like” the event on the show’s Facebook page – California RV Show. For any questions, contact Tom Gaither, Western RV show director, or Show Coordinator Gloria Reeder at 818-248-6600.