RV Rental Workshops On Tap for RVDA Confab
The RV Learning Center is developing a series of workshops for RV rental companies during the 2012 RV Dealers International Convention/Expo Oct. 1-5 in Las Vegas.
According to a press release, attendees will learn about the nuts and bolts of RV rental agreements, updates on RV rental law and how to choose what products to offer.
Topics and presenters include:
• New Developments in RV Rental Law: Trends and Update for 2012, Leslie Pujo, LaPlaca Pujo, P.C.: This interactive session will discuss new developments in rental vehicle law during the past year, including rental contracts and insurance. The discussion will focus on legal rules as well as best practices for RV rental companies to adopt.
• Five Ways to Kill Web Leads, Bob McCann, ARI: In this educational seminar, Bob McCann will go over the five most common mistakes he sees RV retailers making when he teaches online lead management best practices. He will explain what not to do, what to do, and why, so attendees can implement proven tactics designed to inspire positive change at their companies.
• What’s Hot & What’s Not: Roundtable and panel discussion featuring Martin Onken, Expedition Motor Homes Inc. (moderator), Brad Bacon, PleasureLand RV Center Inc. and Tom Zeilstra, Pierce RV Supercenter: Practical, proven ideas that work and can immediately improve a dealership’s operation for profit, efficiency and safety will be the focus of this annual gathering of both top and new rental dealers. Discussion will include a review of product features and services that have proven to put a rental department at risk, or lose them money and how to plan ahead to determine what to offer customers in 2013.
• Key Performance Indicators: How to Measure if You’re Really Successful, or Just Pushing Uphill, Martin Onken, Expedition Motor Homes Inc.: A handful of key numbers tell companies how they are really doing in the rental business. In this session, attendees will learn how these numbers help identify weaknesses and opportunities and how to immediately take steps to strengthen the rental department.
• 7 Low Cost/No Cost Marketing Tools, Evanne Schmarder, Roadabode Productions: Schmarder will offer seven valuable guerrilla tactics including Google Places, Foursquare, photo stamps, QR codes and more. This session will be interactive with audience participation. Attendees will walk away with a new appreciation for imaginative, low or no cost marketing and PR techniques as well as a number of ideas that can be quickly and easily implemented.
The convention is sponsored by the Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA), RVDA of Canada and the RV Learning Center. The 2012 convention will feature an exhibit hall filled with the RV industry’s top companies offering products and services to help dealers improve profitability. RVDA’s Partners in Progress Brand Committees will also meet to work on important dealer/manufacturer issues.
Companies interested in sponsorship opportunities and exhibitor information can contact RVDA at (703) 591-7130 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.rvda.org and www.rvlearningcenter.com to register for the convention and receive regular updates. You can also get convention updates on LinkedIn professional networking services, Twitter and Facebook.