- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Learning Center, FRVTA Provide Tech Training
Posted By RVBusiness On August 2, 2012 @ 3:06 pm In Breaking News | No Comments
The RV Learning Center announced it has renewed its partnership with the Florida RV Trade Association (FRVTA) to provide online training for RV dealership personnel through the Distance Learning Network (DLN). According to a press release, this is the seventh consecutive year the organizations have joined forces to promote the program.
The subscription includes unlimited access to more than 50 DLN training sessions, coursework reviews, and test preparation sections, which are available anytime throughout the program year. The 2012-13 DLN program includes a range of subject matter to improve the performance of dealership personnel, including:
• RV Technician Certification Preparation Course: More than 40 hours of instruction will help train and prepare RV service technicians for the RVDA-RVIA RV Service Technician Certification test and completion fulfills recertification requirements.
• Service Writer/Adviser Course: This three-hour program is ideal for both veteran service writer/advisers and new hires. Presented by service writer/adviser veteran Andrea Blackmon, the program helps prepare your personnel for the RV Learning Center’s Service Writer/Adviser Certification test. Completion of the course counts toward recertification requirements.
• Advanced/Manufacturer Specific Training: Features product-specific training from RV manufacturers and suppliers from within the RV industry.
• RV Greeter-Receptionist Course: A 50-minute program that covers: the importance of customer service; the skills and expectations for the RV receptionist; the importance of making the right first impression; communicating on the phone; handling difficult customers; and organizational techniques for the workplace. The program is suitable for all persons needing customer service skills. The program includes a final exam and certificate of completion.
“The DLN gives dealerships the opportunity to engage in group training with a mentor,” said FRVTA Executive Director Lance Wilson. “It is extremely cost-effective training, delivered right to the dealership. FRVTA also provides mentor support and encouragement throughout the year, once the dealership is signed up for the program.”
“This program is available immediately for dealerships who want to get started on a comprehensive training program,” said RV Learning Center Chairman Jeff Pastore of Hartville RV Center in Hartville, Ohio. “With the RV industry outlook improving, and dealers hiring new people, the DLN is an ideal way to get employees on the road to success.”
The only requirement to participate is a high-speed internet connection. A video cable connected to a television is also useful for group training. A one-year subscription to the program costs $995 per dealership location. The subscription term is Aug. 1, 2012 to July, 31, 2013.
For more information and a sign-up form, visit www.rvlearningcenter.com, www.rvtechnician.com, www.rvda.org, www.frvta.org, or call the RV Learning Center at (703) 591-7130 or FRVTA at (386) 754-4285.
Dealers can learn more about the DLN and other training programs during a special workshop at the RV Dealers International Convention/Expo on Oct. 4. FRVTA’s Director of Training Jim Carr of Florida Gateway College will present “RV Service Employee Improvement: A Service Manager’s Responsibility,” a workshop designed for service managers, general managers, and others responsible for the daily operations of an RV service center. Attendance at the program is applicable to Certified Service Manager and Service Advisor recertification continuing education requirements. To register for the convention, visit www.rvda.org.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/08/learning-center-frvta-provide-tech-training/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.