- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
SSI: Towable, Travel Trailer Sales Flat For June
Posted By RVBusiness On August 21, 2012 @ 8:07 am In Breaking News,News In Focus,SSI's Retail Reports | No Comments
Year-over-year retail towable sales were flat in June, up 0.4%, while registrations for the first six months increased 7.1%. According to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc., results showed:
• Sales for the high-volume travel trailer sector edged up 2.1% in June while year-to-date registrations rose 10.5%.
• Fifth-wheel registrations increased 0.7% for the month and 4.3% through June.
• Folding camping trailer sales declined 16.4% in June and 13.2% year-to-date.
• Park model sales were flat for the month, up 0.4%, and declined 17.3% through June.
Thor Industries Inc. was the towable sales leader year-to-date with a 36.1% market share, followed by Forest River Inc. at 21.7% and Jayco Inc. with a 12.1% share.
By segment for the first six months, Thor was No. 1 in travel trailer sales with a 32.6% share, ahead of Forest River (21.8%) and Jayco (13.8%). Thor held a commanding lead in fifth-wheel sales, capturing a 53.3% market share, while Forest River posted a 17.5% share and Jayco had a 6.3% share.
Forest River was the folding camping trailer sales leader for the six months with a 43.5% market share while Jayco (19.2%) held the No. 2 position followed by Forest River’s Coachmen RV division (10.8%). In the park model segment, Thor was No. 1, posting a 26.5% market share, with Kropf Manufacturing Co. at No. 2, holding a 10.7% share, and Skyline Corp. third at 10.1%.
To subscribe to this or other SSI reports, contact Scott Stropkai, national RV sales manager, at (616) 281-9898 ext. 128, or (616) 446-8179 (cell).
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/08/ssi-towable-travel-trailer-sales-flat-for-june/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.