CONY Exposition Offers Full Slate of Activities
Campground Owners of New York (CONY) will host its 49th Exposition for the Outdoor Hospitality Industry, Nov. 1-3, at the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park, Lake George, N.Y.
According to a press release, attendees invited include campground operators, managers and staff, as well as people buying, selling or developing campgrounds and RV parks. The exposition will feature professional development seminars, a trade show and awards banquet.
“We’ve always had great themes and activities for CONY’s annual expositions, but this one is going to be especially fun for everyone – adults and kids – with the indoor water park at the lodge, a tailgate party featuring steak and lobster dinner and entertainment, and also contests, raffles, and possibly a few other entertaining surprises,” said exposition committee chairperson Rosemary Curtis.
A host of informative seminars and special sessions will comprise the professional development and educational component of the exposition. Topics include:
• CPR certification with Tom Wolfe of Niagara Woodland.
• ADA and pools with Bill Botten of the U.S. Access Board.
• CONY 101 – Everything you need to know about interacting with CONY and getting the most out of your membership, with Mike Papp, CONY chairman, and Donald Bennett Jr., CONY president and CEO.
• How to influence your local legislators, with Peter O’Connell.
• Securing your campground, with Tony Chillemi from Ber-National Controls
• Accounting for campgrounds with Quickbooks, with Ed Marden of Campbell Campground.
• Camping for the fun of it; finding out how to build a “wow” factor into your park, with Bud Stuyer, owner of multiple campgrounds.
• Filling your campground in the shoulder season, with Lori Stevenson, President of the Campground Association Management Professional group and Executive Director of the Wisconsin Assoc. of Campground Owners.
• Playing the game of user review sites, with Doug Motel of Site Optimized.
Other presenters include renowned marketing and project coach Doug Motel, and marketing professional Clyde Taylor, of Taylor Communications.
In addition, CONY will honor Past President Janine Paddock of Deer River Campsite in Malone with induction into the CONY Hall of Fame. The induction will take place during CONY’s annual awards banquet on Nov. 3.
For more details, including schedule, attendee/exhibitor registration forms, and a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) booklet, contact the CONY office at (585) 586-4360, or email@example.com.