NHTSA Update: RV-Related Recalls During Aug.
The following is a list of RV-related recalls for June compiled by the National Highway Transportation Safety Association (NHTSA).
• Winnebago Industries Inc. is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 Winnebago and Itasca motorhomes. A cutting machine may have scored the copper propane tubing resulting in unknown long-term reliability. Winnebago will notify owners, and dealers will replace the copper tubing, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin during September 2012. Owners may contact Winnebago Industries Owner Relations at 1-641-585-6939. This is Winnebago recall no. 126.
• Jayco Inc. is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 Jay Flight Swift SLX Travel trailers manufactured from October 24, 2011, through July 3, 2012. These trailers may have oversized bearings installed in the axle. Jayco will notify owners, and dealers will replace the axle bearings with proper size bearings, free of charge. The recall began on September 5,
2012. Owners may contact Jayco at 1-800-283-8267.
• Roadtrek Motorhomes Inc. is recalling certain model year 2011 and 2012 Roadtrek 21PC Popular and 21VC Versatile model class “B” motorhomes built from October 1, 2010, through November 12, 2011. On some motorhomes, the rivets may fail that secure the awning brackets to the motorhome side wall, allowing the bracket and Thule awning to come off the motor home while operating the awning. Roadtrek will notify owners, and dealers will install an additional stainless steel rivet on each of the awning brackets, free of charge. The safety recall will begin during September 2012. Owners may contact Roadtrek Service Department at 1-888-ROADTREK (762-3873) or 1-519-745-1169.
• Fleetwood RV Inc. is recalling certain model year 2013 Excursion motorhomes manufactured from March 27, 2012, through July 24, 2012. A threaded fastener installed on the turn shaft of the slideout mechanism may come into contact with a portion of the diesel fuel fill hose while the turn shaft is rotating. Fleetwood RV will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, as necessary, shorten the threaded fastener to achieve clearance of the fuel line free of charge. The safety recall is expected to begin during September 2012. Owners may contact Fleetwood RV owner relations at 1-800-509-3418. Fleetwood RV’s safety recall number is 120813FRV.
• Heartland RV is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Elkridge and model year 2012-2013 Bighorn Silverado fifth-wheel vehicles. Certain vehicles manufactured with liquid propane (LP) generators may have the LP supply line connected incorrectly to the generator. Heartland will notify owners and dealers will inspect and correct the LP supply line fitting as necessary, free of charge. Heartland has not provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Heartland at 1-888-262-5992. Heartland RV’s safety recall number is 99-01-09.