- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
SSI: Towable Sales Up 1.8% for July; 7.5% YTD
Posted By RVBusiness On September 19, 2012 @ 3:19 pm In Breaking News,SSI's Retail Reports | No Comments
Year-over-year retail towable sales were edged up 1.8% in July while registrations for the seven months increased 7.5%. According to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc., results showed:
• Sales for the high-volume travel trailer sector gained 4.7% in July while year-to-date registrations rose 10.9%.
• Fifth-wheel registrations were flat for the month, up 1.5%, and rose 5% through July.
• Folding camping trailer sales declined 19.4% in July and 13.1% year-to-date.
• Park model sales declined 38% for July and 19.8% for the seven months.
Thor Industries Inc. was the towable sales leader year-to-date with a 36.1% market share, followed by Forest River Inc. at 21.7% and Jayco Inc. with a 12.1% share.
By segment for the first seven months, Thor was No. 1 in travel trailer sales with a 32.8% share, ahead of Forest River (21.8%) and Jayco (13.8%). Thor held a commanding lead in fifth-wheel sales, capturing a 53.2% market share, while Forest River posted a 17.5% share and Jayco had a 6.2% share.
Forest River was the folding camping trailer sales leader for the seven months with a 44.2% market share while Jayco (19%) held the No. 2 position followed by Forest River’s Coachmen RV division (11.2%). In the park model segment, Thor was No. 1, posting a 26.8% market share, with Kropf Manufacturing Co. at No. 2, holding a 10.8% share, and Skyline Corp. third at 9.8%.
To subscribe to this or other SSI reports, contact Scott Stropkai, national RV sales manager, at (616) 281-9898 ext. 128, or (616) 446-8179 (cell).
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/09/ssi-towables-sales-up-1-8-in-july-7-5-ytd/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.