Best Parks Sets Speaker Roster for Convention
Best Parks in America has announced its roster of special guest hospitality and business experts who will be addressing affiliates during the national network’s Inaugural Network Conference, Nov. 13-15, in Orlando, Fla.
“The speakers and business experts lined up for the conference reflect the priorities and direction of the Best Parks in America brand and the superlative independent RV resorts and campgrounds in the system,” David Gorin, president of Best Parks, stated in a news release.
• Paul M. McManus recently retired as vice chairman of Leading Ventures LLC. In this capacity, he oversaw the development of new business opportunities for The Leading Hotels of the World Ltd., and also retired as an active member of the company’s board. Previously, McManus was president and CEO of The Leading Hotels of the World Ltd., having assumed the post in January 1998.
• Laura Mandala has been helping the tourism industry harness the power of travel data and trends for nearly two decades. As the head of Mandala Research, one of the leading travel and tourism research firms in the world, she spends considerable time evaluating important emerging developments that help destinations and travel companies make the right decisions to attract the right travelers.
• Evelyne Oreskovich, consultant for the hospitality and travel industry, provides clients with expertise gained over 30 years in key roles in a wide range of entities offering reservations, distribution, and management in the global hospitality marketplace.
• Joe Opp’s career in the hospitality business goes back to 1968 when he began his career with National Airlines as a reservation manager. Opp moved into the hotel side of the business in 1982 as the vice president, marketing automation for Trusthouse Forte Hotels, a position he held until 1996. In 1995, Opp joined Leading Hotels of the World and rose to senior vice president, membership services until retiring in 2010.
• Tom Derzopolski is a principal at BowStern, a full-service marketing and communications firm offering a wide range of service including branding, advertising, design, public relations, social media and website solutions.