Carefree Resorts Acquires 2 Florida Properties
National RV Communities LLC is further expanding its presence in the Florida market with the acquisition of RV resorts in Zephyrhills and Naples.
Settler’s Rest RV Resort in Zephyrhills and Marco Naples Hitching Post in Naples were acquired earlier this month and will be marketed using the Carefree RV Resorts brand name, which NRVC uses for all of its RV communities across the country, according to a news release.
“Settler’s Rest RV Resort and Marco Naples nicely complement our existing portfolio of RV resorts in the Florida market,” said Charles Ellis, vice president of acquisitions.
Settler’s Rest is a 380-site RV park in Zephyrhills, where Carefree already has a dominant market position with seven properties. Zephyrhills is located in Pasco County roughly 25 miles northeast of Tampa. The city is within easy driving distance of major cities, airports, theme parks and beaches.
Marco Naples is a 305-site RV resort located on a 23-acre site in Naples. The resort’s sites are 79% occupied on a year-round basis, while the remaining 21% of RV sites are rented to seasonal RVers who stay primarily during the winter months.