Firefighters Subdue Blaze at Giant RV Location
A fire Monday (Oct. 15) at Giant RV in Murrieta, Calif., burned one recreational vehicle, but the quick work of firefighters prevented the blaze from spreading to nearby vehicles, fire officials said.
The Press Enterprise reported that a diesel motorhome parked in the Giant RV lot caught fire about 10 a.m. Firefighters arrived to find the blaze had spread through the interior of the RV, which was parked at the edge of the lot along Interstate 15, said Battalion Chief Pat Jennings of the Murrieta Fire Department.
As firefighters gathered up hoses from the lot and the acrid scent of burnt RV interior hung in the air, Jennings said it was unclear what touched off the blaze.
He said dealership employees had turned on the RV and were charging the battery when the fire started. It appears they were preparing the motorhome to be delivered to a customer, he said.
A fire investigator was called out to inspect, Jennings said.
Because the fire started during business hours, it was quickly reported, Jennings said.
With RVs parked so close together, the fire could have easily spread to other vehicles, he said.