Roadtrek Motorhomes Inc. has introduced the new RS E-Trek Class B motorhome, built on the Mercedes Sprinter chassis and incorporating the latest technology into Roadtrek’s best-selling RS platform.
“Roadtrek’s design incorporates technology that will give the owner greater ability to be independent, have full capability to dry camp for extended periods, all while being environmentally conscious,” said Jim Hammill, president of Kitchener, Ontario-based Roadtrek. “There has never been an RV like this, and we are extremely pleased to offer this new product. The introduction of this model is industry leading, environmentally responsible, all electric, all with no loss of functionality.”
The E-Trek was built using the most environmentally conscious materials that are e-certified, and are manufactured using high levels of recycled materials. Features include:
• Mercedes Sprinter Van (170-inch wheelbase), with Bluetec technology, and bio-diesel fuel capability.
• Propane-free operation.
• New Interior styling, including touring captains seats in second row.
• New exterior styling, full-body paint and tone-on-tone colors.
• 250-watt solar charging.
• EFOY fuel cell generator option.
• Engine generation using additional engine generator/alternator.
• 2500-watt Inverter.
• Surge protection and power monitoring.
• Optional lithium Ion batteries.
Andy Weller, Roadtrek’s co-chairman and CEO stated, “This unit utilizes the latest electrical capabilities available to achieve the environmental improvements and camping independence that our customers have been demanding. Our Engineering team has worked extremely hard to create something not just new, but actually a much different and easier product to use for the consumer.”
Roadtrek has begun manufacturing of the E-Trek and is taking orders through its dealer network.