Cummins Onan has begun full production of the newly redesigned RV QG 2800 generator sets. According to a press release the new models, which replace the KV and KVD product families, meet EPA Phase III standards for small spark-ignited engines.
The new models have a larger, 217cc engine that produces more horsepower than the previous models. In addition, the RV QG 2800 models offer several new features and improvements, including:
• Advanced onboard diagnostics with fault code analysis.
• Easier starting in extreme cold and hot operating conditions.
• Internalized muffler and patented intake system for reduced noise.
• Low-profile exhaust outlet with additional 4″ ground clearance.
• B+ terminal for easier installation.
The 50 Hz models are CE-certified and meet all applicable EU emissions regulations. The 60 Hz models are CSA-certified and meet the latest Tier 3, Phase 3 emissions levels.
Al Camargo, RV marketing manager for Cummins Onan, said, “The compact design of the new RV QG 2800 is ideal for truck campers, Class B motorhomes and travel trailers. It can run a high-efficiency 13,500 BTU air conditioner and a 900-watt microwave at the same time (depending on operating conditions).”
The 60 Hz models (both gasoline and LP vapor) are available now. The 50 Hz models will be available in the first quarter of 2013. All models can be ordered immediately. Contact your local Cummins Onan dealer for pricing.