- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
SSI: Trailers Push Sept. Towables to 5.4% Gain
Posted By RVBusiness On November 16, 2012 @ 4:43 pm In Breaking News,News In Focus,SSI's Retail Reports | No Comments
Year-over-year retail towable sales increased 5.4% in September and 6.9% for the third quarter while registrations were up 8.4% year-to-date.
According to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc., results showed:
• Sales for the high-volume travel trailer sector gained 9.5% in September while year-to-date registrations rose 11.7%.
• Fifth-wheel registrations were flat for the month, up 0.7%, and rose 5.7% through September.
• Folding camping trailer sales declined 14.9% in September and 10.9% year-to-date.
• Park model sales declined 20.5% for September and 17.6% for the nine months.
Thor Industries Inc. was the towable sales leader year-to-date with a 36.3% market share, followed by Forest River Inc. at 21.6% and Jayco Inc. with a 12% share.
By segment for the first nine months, Thor was No. 1 in travel trailer sales with a 33% share, ahead of Forest River (21.6%) and Jayco (13.4%). Thor held a commanding lead in fifth-wheel sales, capturing a 53.6% market share, while Forest River posted a 17.3% share and Jayco had a 6.1% share.
Forest River was the folding camping trailer sales leader for the nine months with a 44.4% market share while Jayco (19.1%) held the No. 2 position followed by Forest River’s Coachmen RV division (10.9%). In the park model segment, Thor was No. 1, posting a 27.7% market share, with Kropf Manufacturing Co. at No. 2, holding a 10.8% share, and Skyline Corp. third at 9%.
To subscribe to this or other SSI reports, contact Scott Stropkai, national RV sales manager, at (616) 281-9898 ext. 128, or (616) 446-8179 (cell).
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/11/ssi-trailers-push-sept-towables-to-5-4-gain/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.