- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
NHTSA Update: RV-Related Recalls in October
Posted By RVBusiness On December 5, 2012 @ 11:48 am In Breaking News | No Comments
Editor’s Note: The following is a list of RV-related recalls for October compiled by the National Highway Transportation Safety Association (NHTSA).
Jayco Inc. is recalling certain model year 2013 Eagle Premier fifth-wheel recreational vehicle trailers, manufactured from June 14, 2012, through August 10, 2012. These vehicles were manufactured with incorrect information on the Recreational Vehicle Cargo Carrying Capacity Label. Thus, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 120, “Tire Selection and Rims for Motor Vehicles Other Than Passenger Cars.” An inaccurate label could lead to owners overloading their vehicles and tires. Jayco will notify owners and provide corrected labels free of charge. The safety recall began on Nov. 2, 2012. Owners may contact Jayco at 1-574-825-0608.
• Prevost Car Co. is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 X3-45 and XLII-45 coach buses, manufactured between November 15, 2011, and August 14, 2012. The power cables may rub against sharp edges in both the rear junction box and the condenser compartment, resulting in a short-circuit. Prevost will notify owners and dealers will re-route and repair the affected power cables, as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in November 2012. Owners may contact Prevost at 1-418-883-2888, ext. 6558. Prevost’s campaign recall number is SR12-39.
• Thor Motor Coach is recalling certain model year 2008-2010 motorhomes, manufactured June 1, 2007, through May 1, 2009 and equipped with an Iota ITS-50R Transfer Switch. The models affected are Four Winds brand models: Chateau, Dutchmen, Hurricane, Windsport, Magellan, Fun Mover, Presidio and Mandalay. Wiring connections inside the transfer switch are not adequate and, as a result, the switch may overheat.Thor Motor Coach will notify owners and replace the Iota Transfer Switch, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Thor at 1-877-500-1020.
• Tiffin Motorhomes Inc.is recalling certain model year 2010-2013 Allegro Bus motorcoaches, manufactured from March, 2010, through September 2012 and equipped with a Cummins EPA 2010 ISL engine. Insufficient shielding between the exhaust pipe and floor may cause possible overheating of the floor above the engine compartment. Tiffin Motorhomes will notify owners, and dealers will install a heat shield, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Tiffin at 1-256-356-8661.
• Dutchmen Manufacturing Inc. is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 Aspen Trail, Coleman, and Dutchmen recreational vehicles manufactured from October 4, 2011, through Oct. 1, 2012. These vehicles may have been manufactured without an exterior vent for the furnace. Dutchmen will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, as necessary, install an exterior vent, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Dutchmen at 1-574-537-0700.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/12/nhtsa-update-rv-related-recalls-in-october/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.