The 2012 Pennsylvania Campground Owners Association Convention (PCOA) was well attended and rates as “one of the best ever,” according to a press release.
“There was an excitement in the air. The facility was perfect, the seminars were awesome, everyone had a great time and the networking was phenomenal,” said Bev Gruber, PCOA executive director.
The 49th annual convention was held Dec. 3-5 at the Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel in State College, Pa.
Over 170 people from 73 Pennsylvania campgrounds and one out-of-state campground attended. Also attending were two prospective campground owners and three associates.
The keynote speaker, Paul Bambei president and CEO of the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (ARVC), focused on “building bridges” while also citing the benefits of belonging to ARVC, Gruber stated.
In addition, PCOA sponsored 12 educational seminars and 71 exhibitors were present for the trade show.
During the gathering PCOA held its annual meeting and elected new officers, including:
• Director Region I – Matt May, Presque Isle Passage Campground.
• Director Region II – Deene Yehchochic, River’s Edge Camping & Cabins (second term).
• Director Region III – David Mull, Shady Brook Campground.
• Director Region IV – Ryan McFarland, Buttonwood Campground.
• Director Region V – Tim Cartmell, Honesdale/Pocono KOA (second term).
• Director Region VI – Shane Adam, Mountain Springs Campground.
• Appointed: Director at Large – Debby Yeager, Rose Point Park Cabins & Camping, New Castle, Pa.
The Pennsylvania Auction raised $11,691.50 for scholarships to fund educational scholarships and the National School of RV Park and Campground Management.