- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
SSI: Trailers, Fifth-Wheels Drive October Gains
Posted By RV Business On December 20, 2012 @ 4:47 pm In Breaking News,SSI's Retail Reports | No Comments
Year-over-year retail towable sales increased 8.2% in October and 8.5% year-to-date. According to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc., results showed:
• Sales for the high-volume travel trailer sector gained 8.8% in October while year-to-date registrations rose 11.6%.
• Fifth-wheel registrations grew 10.2% for the month and 6.2% for the 10 months.
• Folding camping trailer sales declined 8.1% in October and 10.7% year-to-date.
• Park model sales declined 6.5% for October and 16.3% for the 10 months.
Thor Industries Inc. was the towable sales leader year-to-date with a 36.5% market share, followed by Forest River Inc. at 21.5% and Jayco Inc. with a 11.9% share.
By segment for the first 10 months, Thor was No. 1 in travel trailer sales with a 33.1% share, ahead of Forest River (21.5%) and Jayco (13.7%). Thor held a commanding lead in fifth-wheel sales, capturing a 53.6% market share, while Forest River posted a 17.3% share and Jayco had a 6.1% share.
Forest River was the folding camping trailer sales leader for the 10 months with a 44.6% market share while Jayco (18.8%) held the No. 2 position followed by Forest River’s Coachmen RV division (10.8%). In the park model segment, Thor was No. 1, posting a 27.4% market share, with Kropf Manufacturing Co. at No. 2, holding a 10.8% share, and Skyline Corp. third at 8.8%.
To subscribe to this or other SSI reports, contact Scott Stropkai, national RV sales manager, at (616) 281-9898 ext. 128, or (616) 446-8179 (cell).
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/12/ssi-trailers-fifth-wheels-drive-october-gains/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.