- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Cequent Introduces New Line of Reese Hitches
Posted By RVBusiness On January 7, 2013 @ 5:03 pm In Breaking News | No Comments
Cequent Performance Products launched its newest line of fifth-wheel hitches, the Reese R16 and R20. According to a press release, the hitches are the first to pass the rigorous Society of Automotive Engineer’s (SAE) heavy-duty accelerated cycle criteria J2638 and the 900,000 cycle fatigue and static tests.
Following the debut of the 16,000-pound R16, Reese launched the 20,000-pound R20. To accompany these hitches, Reese also developed new outboard fifth-wheel rail kits with customized installation brackets, as well as a new revitalized Reese Round Tube slider. The Reese R16 and R20 fifth-wheel hitches have a limited lifetime warranty that Cequent provides for all Reese fifth wheels, pin boxes and weight distribution systems.
Some of the key features include:
• New contoured handle offers a customized grip that includes universal control instructions while eliminating separate latch and providing high visibility for system lock and load.
• The premium Reese arch features pin mounting holes that better align with current rail kits, reducing looseness.
• New cast head and jaw system provides commercial durability and strength, improved head funneling for king pin to latch and a patent pending and a highly visible king pin indicator. The cast, double jaw mechanism is designed for longer wear, improved tolerances and eliminating chucking in the jaw system, and offers improved life and wear with added grease points.
• New cast pivot beam incorporates a vibration isolator system for vertical and longitudinal vibration that dampens and improves ride along with wider mounting for better stability and reduced wear. Vertical height adjustment ranges from 14 inches to 18 inches while the head and pivot beam can be offset 1 inch front or rear to maximize performance.
For more information on Reese visit www.ReeseProducts.com.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/01/cequent-introduces-new-line-of-reese-hitches/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.