- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
New Guidelines Set on RV/MH Hall Nominations
Posted By RVBusiness On January 30, 2013 @ 9:10 am In Breaking News | 1 Comment
At a recent board meeting, the RV/MH Heritage Foundation approved a major change in its bylaws that streamlines the procedure and criteria for nominations to the Hall of Fame.
“The Hall’s Selection Committee worked tirelessly for more than six months reviewing the previous bylaws and procedures and then crafting these important new bylaws and guidelines,” said Hall President Darryl Searer in a press release.
Guidelines for Nominations
• Who can nominate a person to the Hall of Fame?
Anyone can nominate a person to the Hall of Fame that meets the eligibility requirements. The only people who may not be considered are those who currently serve on the Hall’s Selection Committee.
• Who is eligible?
1. The nominee must be, or have been, an active participant in any segment of the recreation vehicle or manufactured housing industries for a minimum of 25 years. The Hall’s board does have the power to choose a nominee who has earned selection while falling short of the 25-year threshold, but will exercise that power only in special circumstances.
2. The nomination form must be filled out in its entirety and must be accompanied by three supporting letters (no more, no less) that meet the Hall’s guidelines for these letters. Incomplete nominations cannot be considered. If the nominee is not selected within three years, he or she remains eligible only if the nomination is resubmitted and refreshed with additional information.
• What is the Selection Committee looking for?
Consideration will be given to the nominee’s overall contributions to the good of the industry, to include both his or her positions, accomplishments and innovations on the job as well as volunteer work both inside and outside the industry, with special emphasis on volunteer work done on behalf of state and national associations and owner groups, the Hall of Fame itself and other industry-related organizations and causes. Favorable responses to these two basic questions are good starting points for Hall consideration:
1. Is the nominee a respected, accomplished, honorable person who has done right by his business partners?
2. Has the nominee contributed to the good of the industry beyond doing his job well?
• How does the process work?
If a completed nomination form and three properly-prepared seconding letters are received by Oct. 31 of any year, the nominee will be in the pool of candidates considered for the following year’s class and for two years beyond that if not selected that year.
The Hall’s Selection Committee will announce its selections in January and those chosen will be inducted at the Hall’s annual Induction dinner in August. The Hall’s bylaws allow for up to 10 inductees per year.
Searer said, “The Selection Committee is made up of an equal number of members of the RV and manufactured housing industries, and members will only vote on nominees from their respective industries.”
Those who are interested in nominating a candidate to the RV/MH Hall of Fame may request the necessary nomination forms from the Hall’s office or download the forms from the Hall’s website at www.rvmhhalloffame.org/pages/nominations.cfm.
Once the nomination form and supporting letters have been completed, the nominations may be submitted by mail, in person at the Hall, or by fax at (574) 293-3466.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/01/new-guidelines-set-on-rvmh-hall-nominations/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.