- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
‘Now’s The Time’ for ’13 Florida RV SuperShow
Posted By RV Business On January 7, 2013 @ 5:33 pm In Breaking News | No Comments
The 28th Annual 2013 Florida RV SuperShow, hosted by the Florida RV Trade Association (FRVTA), is set to run Jan. 15-20 at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa.
As in past years, “Industry Day” will be held on Jan. 15 followed by “Public Days” for the remainder of the show. According to a press release, the theme of the 2013 Florida RV SuperShow is “Now’s The Time,” conveying the idea that there will never be a better time to buy an RV.
Those attending the show will be the first U.S. consumers to get a look at the North American recreational vehicle industry’s 2013 lineup, all assembled at one time in one coordinated retail exposition.
After a series of late year, trade-only industry events at which manufacturers first unveiled their latest products to dealers, attendees will be able to view 1,100 units while 450 vendors will be on hand to service the RV-enthusiast public.
“The SuperShow as well as all our regional shows provide our manufacturers and dealers with excellent opportunities to display their new products all over Florida,” FRVTA Executive Director Lance Wilson told RVBUSINESS.com. “With a record attendance in 2012 of over 54,000, we are expecting the 2013 SuperShow to be even bigger and better than ever.”
Along with the displays of the nation’s largest and best known manufacturers, show attendees will be able to view altogether new brands from some authentically new companies, including:
• An all-new upscale fifth-wheel lineup from LIFESTYLE Luxury RV, a new sister company to Middlebury, Ind.-based EverGreen Recreational Vehicles LLC.
• Entirely new from-the-ground-up SporTrek towables manufactured since July by Venture RV, a new stand-alone subsidiary of KZRV LP, Shipshewana, Ind.
• The inaugural unveiling of an entirely new lineup of extended stay, Solitude-brand fifth-wheels from Grand Design RV Co., a fledgling Indiana-based towable RV manufacturing firm that’s been drawing a lot of initial attention.
• The first Flex-brand travel trailers and fifth-wheels from Augusta RV, a new company that opened its doors this year in Bristol, Ind.
• The rollout of Ocean One Class B motorhomes built on Mercedes Benz Sprinter platforms by Advanced RV, an Ohio-based startup.
• The North American debut of European-built RVs from one of the more unusual exhibitors at this year’s SuperShow, HYMER AG, Europe’s largest RV builder. HYMER executives say they’re taking a look at the U.S. market and gauging consumer tastes in showing several European-built coaches. The end result is that HYMER could well become a significant player in the U.S. RV marketplace.
In addition to the RVs on display, the event will offer a host of educational seminars while several of Florida’s campgrounds and resorts will have booth exhibits. Camping accessories and supplies will be shown in an on-site Camping World store.
RV writer Bob Marx will host two seminars daily, including “Tips for Buying an RV” and “Full Time & Extended RV Travel.” Additional seminars focus on basic RV maintenance, weight and tire issues and “RVing 101-Everthing You Need to Know.”
The Super Rally celebrates its 26th year at the event. The rally is open to RV clubs and the general public, and includes a number of amenities for the show.
For more information on the 2013 Florida RV SuperShow or to attend “Industry Day,” contact FRVTA at 10510 Gibsonton Drive, Riverview, Fla., 33578, (813) 741-0488, or visit www.frvta.org.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/01/nows-the-time-for-13-florida-rv-supershow/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.