The RV Learning Center is offering certification for a dealership’s fixed operation employees, including technicians who can be certified through a joint program with the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA).
According to a press release, the RV Learning Center is designating the week of March 10-16 as “RV Professional Certification Week.” Certification candidates taking the test during the designated week will receive a free, one-year subscription to RV Technician magazine.
“The rewards of education serve the industry, the dealer and the individual employee over time, as increased professionalism makes our industry perform better,” said RVDA Chairman Jeff Hirsch. “My sincere advice is that if you want to separate yourself from the competition, then train, train, and train some more. Allow your people to separate your company from the pack.”
Dealers will benefit from:
• Higher rates of employee retention.
• Greater dealership profitability.
• A higher level of professionalism among staff,
• Enhanced customer service.
• Increased credibility with customers.
For individual employees, certification means:
• Greater self-confidence.
• A respected career path.
• Evidence of competence, dedication, accomplishment and professionalism.
• A validation of their knowledge and skills set as an RV professional.
Learn more about certification and training opportunities for technicians, warranty administrators, and service writer/advisers by listening to free recordings of recent informational web seminars. Thirty-minute web seminar recordings are available on the RV Learning Center’s website at www.rvlearningcenter.com. Three recordings are available:
• Technician Training Online and Technician Certification Preparation
• An Introduction to the RV Learning Center’s Service Writer/Advisor Certification Program
• An Introduction to the RV Learning Center’s Warranty Administrator Certification Program