- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Trouble Shooter Clinics Kicking Off This Month
Posted By RV Business On January 9, 2013 @ 4:25 pm In Breaking News | No Comments
The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association’s (RVIA) series of 2013 Trouble Shooter Clinics kicks off Jan. 28–31 in Loveland, Colo., according to a press release. With limited space available, RVIA is encouraging service technicians to register early for the clinic.
RVIA’s revised Trouble Shooter Clinic curriculum now offers participants more class time, smaller class sizes and expanded hands-on training in a track-oriented format focusing on four specialty areas. The track schedule for the upcoming clinic is:
• Foundation/Plumbing (Jan 29 – 31/$480 per person) – The session will cover propane, pre-delivery inspection, preventative maintenance, customer care, fire and life safety, basic electricity, water distribution and monitoring systems, and pumps.
• Power Sources (Jan. 29 – 31/$480 per person) – This session will examine generators, converters, power systems, batteries, inverters and transfer switches, energy management systems and RV-C.
• Appliances (Jan. 28 – 31/$640 per person) – Water heaters, air conditioning and heating units, refrigerators and furnaces will be the focus of this session.
• Running Gear, Hydraulics, Slide-outs and Towing (Jan. 29 – 30/$320 per person) – This session focuses on running gear, axles, hydraulics, slideouts, towing and hitches.
Trouble Shooter Clinic participants attend one track at a time and need to complete the Foundation/Plumbing track, or be a certified RV Service technician, before taking the other track offerings.
Those completing the Trouble Shooter Clinic are eligible for a 10% discount on any RV service technician certification testing if taken within 90 days of the clinic.
In addition to the upcoming Trouble Shooter Clinic in Colorado, other 2013 sessions will be held in Orange County, Calif., from Feb. 18-21; South Bend, Ind., from March 25-28; Tampa, Fla., set for Aug. 5-8, tentatively: and Calgary, Alberta from Nov. 4-7.
Contact RVIA’s Education Department at (703) 620-6003, ext. 355 or visit www.rvia.org/?ESID=tsclinics to register or for more information.
A special nightly room rate of $129 is available at the Embassy Suites in Loveland for the upcoming clinic. This rate includes complimentary parking, cooked-to-order breakfast and a nightly reception. Call (800) 362-2779 to reserve and mention “RVIA Trouble Shooter Clinic” by this Friday, Jan. 11 to take advantage of the special rate.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/01/trouble-shooter-clinics-kicking-off-this-month/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.