- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Hickory Springs Reshapes Corporate Structure
Posted By RV Business On February 19, 2013 @ 5:13 pm In Breaking News | No Comments
Hickory Springs Manufacturing Co., a global manufacturer of integrated solutions and components to the recreational vehicle, transportation, furniture, bedding and a growing number of diversified markets, announced a new corporate structure and leadership roles that support the company’s “migration to a market-focused strategy.”
According to a press release, four new business units – bedding solutions, furniture solutions, transportation solutions and diversified solutions — serve as the centerpiece of Hickory Springs’ new business model. “Each of these profit centers will leverage Hickory Springs’ core capabilities to develop and execute a business plan for profitable growth of both component sales and integrated solutions to customers in their respective markets,” explained Dave Colburn, Hickory Springs president and CEO.
The four executives tapped to lead these new business units include:
• Tim Becker, vice president diversified solutions. Becker brings more than 15 years of experience with Hickory Springs to his new position, including various positions within wire technology and products and his most recent assignment as vice president of the wire products group. His background also includes more than 11 years in the steel industry.
• Todd Councilman, vice president bedding solutions. A 25-year veteran of the foam industry, Councilman joined Hickory Springs six years ago. He held positions in quality, marketing, sales and plant management before his most recent assignment as general manager of the southeast region.
• Tony Everett, vice president transportation seating solutions. Everett joined Hickory Springs in January with the acquisition of The C.E. White Co., where he served as president and CEO since 2006.
• Brad McNeely, vice president furniture solutions. McNeely’s career with Hickory Springs spans more than 23 years, including positions as sales representative and regional sales manager. Most recently, he served as vice president new product development (Innovation and Testing Center).
In addition to these appointments, David Duncan has been named vice president, corporate sales. Duncan’s 22 years of experience with Hickory Springs includes roles as area sales manager and national product manager – bedding foam. He most recently served as vice president of the company’s western foam division.
Duncan and the four business unit leaders will report to Lee Lunsford, executive vice president and CEO. In addition to these appointments, the company anticipates future announcements as it builds out its new organization.
“These appointments represent the first step in the transition to our new corporate structure,” said Colburn. “Building out this organization will promote collaboration across all four business units, enabling us to combine multiple manufacturing capabilities and ultimately enhance our ability to deliver both components and integrated solutions to an expanding customer base.”
For additional information about Hickory Springs, visit the company’s website at www.hickorysprings.com.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/02/hickory-springs-reshapes-corporate-structure/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.