- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Learning Center Opens Scholarship Application
Posted By RVBusiness On February 4, 2013 @ 12:12 pm In Breaking News | No Comments
Applications are now available for the RV Learning Center’s scholarship program. According to a press release, deserving college undergraduates majoring in business, finance, economics, accounting or other RV industry-related subjects are eligible to apply for the $2,500 award.
A factor for awarding the scholarship may be an applicant’s background of RV industry employment or a desire to work in the RV business after completing post-secondary education.
Dealers are able to offer this opportunity to their team specifically through their employment in the RV industry. Posters publicizing the scholarship are available through the RV Learning Center so dealers can display them in the workplace to alert employees to the opportunity. Dealer principals, their family and dependents are not eligible.
· Have a 2.8 or better cumulative grade point average, and a 1050 minimum SAT score (1575 minimum on the 2400 point scale). A minimum ACT composite score of 22 is also acceptable.
· Be a rising sophomore, junior or senior college undergraduate student.
· Complete a 500 word essay on their goals and objectives for attending college.
· Submit a copy of their Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) form which is available from guidance counselors or for download at no charge from the U.S. Department of Education at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
· Demonstrate the ability and willingness to fund a portion of their educational expenses on their own.
· Attend an accredited four-year college or university as a condition of receiving the scholarship.
The deadline for application is June 3. To obtain an application, poster, or more information, click here.
The scholarship program is possible through the generosity of the Newt and Joanne Kindlund family. The Kindlunds are the founders of Holiday RV Superstores — the first publicly-traded RV dealership. The Kindlunds sold the company in 1999. Newt Kindlund remains an active participant in RV industry affairs and currently serves on The RV Learning Center board. The Kindlund family has fully funded the $270,000 Foundation scholarship endowment.
For more information on the RV Learning Center, go to www.rvlearningcenter.com , send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to (703) 359-0152. The RV Learning Center is a tax-exempt organization as described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions may be tax deductible as charitable donations.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/02/learning-center-opens-scholarship-application/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.