Editor’s Note: The following is a list of RV-related recalls for January compiled by the National Highway Transportation Safety Association (NHTSA).
• Forest River Inc. is recalling certain model year 2010-2012 Berkshire and Charleston diesel motorhomes. The chassis are equipped with connectors for diode jumpers that may come loose, resulting in an open circuit. Two circuits are affected: The one that disengages the cruise control with brake pedal use, and the one that illuminates the brake lights with brake pedal use. Daimler Truck North America (DTNA) is performing this recall on behalf of Forest River. DTNA will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the diode jumpers to make sure they are fully locked in place and will correct the vehicles as needed. The recall began in January 2013. Owners should contact Daimler Trucks Warranty Campaigns Department at (800) 547-0712, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time Monday through Friday, e-mail address DTNA.Warranty.Campaigns@Daimler.com, or the Customer Assistance Center at (800) FTL-HELP after normal business hours.
• Fleetwood RV Inc. is recalling certain model year 2012 and 2013 Bounder Classic model 30T motorhomes manufactured from February 17, 2012, through November 30, 2012. The Federal Certification Tag information relating to front and rear tires is incorrect. Due to the inaccurate label, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Part 567, “Certification.” Fleetwood RV will mail new federal certification tags to owners. Owners who are not comfortable installing these labels may have them replaced at a dealer, free of charge. The safety recall began on January 31, 2013. Owners may contact Fleetwood RV Owner Relations at 1-800-509-3418.
• Entegra Coach is recalling certain model year 2013 Aspire Class A motorhomes manufactured April 11, 2012, through August 30, 2012. On the affected vehicles, the Certification label incorrectly identifies the size of the tires on the rear axles. Thus, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 120, “Tire Selection and Rims for Motor Vehicles Other Than Passenger Cars.” Entegra Coach will notify owners and dealers will replace the Certification label. The recall is expected to begin during February 2013. Owners may contact Entegra Coach at 1-800-945-4787.
• Prevost is recalling certain model year 2010-2013 H3 and X3 coaches and MTH XLII-45E coach shells manufactured between June 29, 2009, up to June 4, 2012, and equipped with an Automatic Fire Detection and Suppression System (AFSS). There is the possibility that the AFSS could unintentionally activate due to wear of the linear thermal detection cable. The recall is expected to begin during February 2013. Owners may contact Prevost at 1-418-883-2888 x 6558. Prevost’s campaign recall number is SR13-03.
• Dutchmen Manufacturing Inc. is recalling certain model year 2007-2011 Grand Junction; model year 2008-2009 Victory Lane and Winners Circle; model year 2009-2010 N’Tense; model year 2010 Freedom Spirit and model year 2009 Monte Vista recreational trailers. The affected trailers are equipped with Iota ITS-50R transfer switches. Wiring connections inside the transfer switch are not adequate and, as a result, the switch may overheat. An overheated switch could result in a fire. Dutchmen will notify owners and replace the Iota transfer switch, free of charge. The safety recall is expected to begin in February 2013. Owners may contact Dutchmen at 1-574-537-0700.
• Entegra Coach is recalling certain model year 2011-2013 Aspire and Anthem Class A motorhomes; and 2012-2013 Cornerstone Class A motorhomes, manufactured March 14,2011, through September 25, 2012. A wiper link was installed which is shorter than required for proper function of the wiper system. Entegra Coach will notify owners and dealers will replace the wiper link, at no charge. The recall is expected to begin during February 2013. Owners may contact Entegra Coach at 1-800-945-4787.