- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
SSI: Canada Towable Sales Flat for ’12, Up 1%
Posted By RV Business On February 22, 2013 @ 1:28 pm In Breaking News,SSI's Retail Reports | No Comments
Year-over-year Canadian retail sales of towable RVs increased 33.7% in December, but remained flat for 2012, up 1.1%, according to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc.
Results by segment showed:
• Sales in the travel trailer sector rose 26.4%% in December and 3.1% for the 12 months.
• Fifth-wheel sales grew 46.1% for the month and edged up 1.4% year-to-date.
• Folding camping trailer registrations gained 25% in December but declined 17.1% for the 12 months.
• Recreational park trailers segment surged 140% for the month, but fell 16.5% year-to-date.
Thor Industries Inc. was the overall Canadian towables sales leader for the full year with a 35.2% market share, followed by Forest River Inc. (16.9%) and Jayco Inc. (15.3%).
Thor was also the leader in travel trailer sales for 2012 with a 33.7% market share while Jayco was No. 2 with a 17.1% share, followed by Forest River with a 15.8% share.
Thor held a commanding lead in the Canadian fifth-wheel sector through December, capturing a 47.3% market share, with Forest River at No. 2 posting a 16.8% share followed by Palomino RV at 9.2%. Thor was also No. 1 in park model sales with a 48.2% share followed by Forest River (13.9%) and General Coach (10.2%).
Forest River led Canadian folding camping trailer sales for the 12 months with a 32.3% market share while Jayco posted a 28% share and Forest River’s Coachmen RV division held an 18.6% share.
To subscribe to this or other SSI reports, contact Scott Stropkai, national RV sales manager, at (616) 281-9898 ext. 128, or (616) 446-8179 (cell).
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/02/ssi-canada-towable-sales-flat-for-%e2%80%9912-up-1/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.