- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Good Sam Shows Enjoying Strong Gate, Sales
Posted By RVBusiness On March 19, 2013 @ 9:20 am In Breaking News | 1 Comment
RV enthusiasts turned out in high numbers, resulting in record sales at GS Media & Events’ RV Shows in January and early February, the company reported.
“GS Media and Events has access to vast resources of RV enthusiasts across the country, reaching qualified RV buyers nationwide through direct mail marketing as well as email campaigns to past show attendees, Good Sam Club members, as well as current or past Camping World customers,” said Barbara Ronning, marketing and project manager for GS Media and Events. “Through these avenues, GS Media and Events reaches those consumers most likely to be looking to upgrade to a new model, trade in their old units, or even buy their very first RV. By providing quality, feature-packed shows, attendees return to our shows year after year.”
Comments on specific shows follow:
• Regarding the Colorado RV Adventure Travel Show held Jan. 9-12, Jim Humble, of Windish RV Center in Lakewood, Colo., said, “The January show was very good. Traffic was very solid even with cold weather and a Bronco game on Saturday. Sales were similar to 2012 show, a record year for Windish RV Center. We saw great traffic in the weeks after the show as well, and we will continue to do shows with GS Media and events as they are a huge part of our yearly success.”
• The Mid-America RV Show was held Jan. 17-20 in Kansas City, Mo. Daryn Anderson, general manager of Olathe Ford RV Center in Kansas City noted, “This was probably the best show as far as sales that we have had in many years. The show attendance seemed very large and the quality of the folks looking to purchase was also very encouraging for us. We are starting to plan for our attendance next year and definitely look forward to being a part of the Mid-America RV Show for many years to come.”
• At the Minneapolis/St. Paul RV Vacation & Camping Show earlier in February, Coates RV Center of Forest Lake, Minn., reported record sales. Sarah Lange, owner of Coates RV, said, “This was our best show on record for sales, and we are very pleased with the results. Saturday traffic was heaviest I have seen, and we have had great follow-up with qualified leads in the weeks following the show. This is the best show to reach our potential customers.”
• At the New Jersey RV & Camping Show in January, record attendance was set, explained Anthony Tedesco, show manager. “We had very strong reports of show sales from dealers. Crossroads Trailers reported the strongest level of sales since 2004, which was the height of the RV industry boom. In Greenville, S.C., strong attendance was reported with more than 100 units sold at the South Carolina RV and Camping Show. This year, we doubled the size of the show and quadrupled dealer participation.”
• Record attendance was also set at the Atlantic City RV Show in February with dealers reporting excellent sales, said Ronning.
Upcoming RV shows for GS Media and Events include events in Providence, R.I., El Paso, Texas, and Milwaukee, Wis. All of these shows are part of the Progressive Insurance RV and Outdoor Show Series and will feature a variety of RVs, campground information and accessories along with expert advice and entertainment.
For more information about upcoming consumer shows, exhibitor lists and discounted online tickets to the shows, visit www.GSEvents.com.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/03/early-good-sam-shows-see-strong-gate-sales/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.