Hickory Springs Initiates Key Executive Moves
North Carolina-based Hickory Springs Manufacturing Co. announced key executive staffing appointments that support previously announced changes to the company’s corporate structure, according to a news release.
“Taken together, these assignments comprise a leadership team that will work with me to direct the company’s transition to a market-focused strategy,” noted Dave Colburn, president and CEO for the global supplier. “I am confident we have assembled the best group of people to enable the execution of our strategy, while focusing on delivering value to Hickory Springs’ current and future customers.”
The following executive-level positions will report directly to Colburn:
• Jimmy Bush, senior vice president corporate development. Bush joined the company in 1978 as a sales trainee and has held a variety of leadership roles with Hickory Springs, most recently serving as senior executive vice president wire products group. As he moves into his new role, Bush will continue to participate in key bedding industry events.
• Lee Lunsford, executive vice president COO. Lunsford came to Hickory Springs in 2003 with extensive background in operations and manufacturing. Hired to the new position of senior vice president operations, he was promoted to executive vice president and chief operations officer in 2011.
• John Mayo, vice president general council. Mayo began his career with Hickory Springs last June as general counsel for the company.
• Jim Packer, vice president human resources. Packer’s career with Hickory Springs began in 1979 as a personnel trainee. He progressed to supervisor and manager before holding positions as area personnel manager, corporate human resources administrator and manger and director of human resources.
• Valerie Reid, CFO and corporate treasurer. The former corporate assistant treasurer brings 14 years experience with Hickory Spring to her new position. Hired as a senior accountant in 1999, she later served as corporate controller and director treasury and analysis before being promoted to finance director in 2011.
• John Saladino, vice president strategy and acquisitions. Saladino is new to the organization, assuming this position last October. He brings with him more than 40 years of design, manufacturing and consulting experience.
• Don Simpson, corporate director administration. Simpson joined Hickory Springs in 1989 as an accountant. Since then, he has held positions as general manager Pacific NW, operations manager west coast, director of administration and, most recently, general manager.
• David Underdown, senior vice president supply chain. A 30-year veteran of Hickory Springs, Underdown began his career as a management trainee. His experience includes work in a number of purchasing positions, most recently as secretary/vice president of purchasing. In addition to his supply chain responsibilities, Underdown has been named chairman of Hickory Springs Manufacturing Company.
• Dwayne Welch, executive vice president chief marketing and innovation officer. An 18-year veteran of Hickory Springs, Welch was named executive vice president sales and marketing in 2009 and promoted to executive vice president and chief sales and marketing officer in 2011.
In addition to these executive-level appointments, Hickory Springs announced the leadership structure for all manufacturing, quality and logistics. Reporting to Lunsford, the leadership team members are:
• Rich Derian, director corporate logistics. Derian joined Hickory Springs one year ago to direct logistics, distribution and fleet operations. His work history includes more than 24 years of experience in supply chain and logistics.
• Buster Mann, senior vice president manufacturing. Since joining the company in 1975, Mann has held several positions in his 37-year career with Hickory Springs, including plant manager, general manager and vice president eastern division. He most recently served as senior vice president foam operations.
For additional information about Hickory Springs, visit the company’s website at www.hickorysprings.com.