Professional Certification Week is March 10-16
The RV Learning Center has designated next week, March 10-16, as RV Professional Certification Week.
According to a press release, certification candidates who prepared in advance and take the certification test during RV Professional Certification Week will receive a free, one-year subscription to RV Technician magazine. Even if dealer techs are not ready for testing, this week is also an opportune time to assess their training needs and begin preparing them for certification.
The release advised dealers to: “Take a moment during RV Professional Certification Week to talk to your staff about the importance of maintaining up-to-date skills through professional training. Certification is just the beginning. The rewards of education serve the industry, the dealer, and the individual employee over time, as increased professionalism makes our industry perform better. Consumers recognize the benefits of dealing with a business that uses certified employees and will often choose a dealership on that differentiating factor.”
“My sincere advice is that if you want to separate yourself from the competition, then train, train, and train some more,” said RVDA Chairman Jeff Hirsch. “Allow your people to separate your company from the pack.”
Dealers and employees reap multiple benefits from certification, including
• Higher rates of employee retention.
• Greater dealership profitability.
• A higher level of professionalism among staff.
• Enhanced customer service.
• Increased credibility with customers.
For individual employees, certification means:
• Greater self-confidence.
• A respected career path.
• Evidence of competence, dedication, accomplishment, and professionalism.
• A validation of their knowledge and skills set as an RV professional.
Learn more about certification and training opportunities for technicians, warranty administrators and service writer/advisors by listening to free recordings of recent informational web seminars. Thirty-minute web seminar recordings are available on the RV Learning Center’s website at www.rvlearningcenter.com. Three recordings are available:
• Technician Training Online and Technician Certification Preparation.
• An Introduction to the RV Learning Center’s Service Writer/Advisor Certification Program.
• An Introduction to the RV Learning Center’s Warranty Administrator Certification Program.