- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
RVIA Executive Committee Names 2 Members
Posted By RVBusiness On March 15, 2013 @ 12:34 pm In Breaking News | No Comments
The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association RVIA board elected two new members to the Executive Committee and three new members to board seats during its March 4 meeting in Orlando, Fla., in conjunction with the association’s Annual Meeting.
Garry Enyart of Cummins Power Generation and Matt Miller of Newmar Corp. were elected to the Executive Committee as treasurer and secretary, respectively. The two join Chairman Doug Gaeddert of Forest River Inc.; 1st Vice Chairman Derald Bontrager of Jayco Inc.; 2n Vice Chairman Bob Parish of GE Capital; Chairman Ex Officio Gregg Fore of Dicor Corp.; and RVIA President Richard Coon. They replace Bob Olson of Winnebago Industries Inc. and John Regan of Fabric Services who both resigned from the RVIA board and Executive Committee.
The new board members are Chad Reece of Winnebago, assuming the manufacturer seat vacated by Olson; Tim Stephens of Atwood Mobile Products, appointed to the supplier seat vacated by Regan; and Dave Schutz of Dometic Corp., assuming the supplier seat vacated by Doug Whyte).
In other action at the meeting, the RVIA board:
• Decreased the cost of the RVIA seal from $17 to $16, effective July 1. The new $16 seal fee will apply to all member manufacturer vehicle types. The Go RVing per unit assessment remains unchanged at the current levels of $46 for folding camping trailers and truck campers; $61 for travel trailers and fifth-wheel travel trailers; and $74 for motorhomes.
• Allocated an additional $150,000 to the fiscal year 2013 budget for the Education Department to accelerate and enhance the educational and training efforts for RV service technicians and to increase technician participation in programs.
• Approved changing the show hours for the California RV Show to 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays through Thursdays.
• Set the RV manufacturer do-it-yourself booth rate for the California RV Show at $2.65 per square foot, up from $2.50 per square foot in 2012.
• Increased the height limit for manufacturer exhibits at the National RV Trade Show from 16 feet to 20 feet.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/03/rvia-executive-committee-names-2-members/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.