- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
SSI: Feb. Canadian Towable Sales Down 5.2%
Posted By RVBusiness On April 22, 2013 @ 10:22 am In Breaking News,News In Focus,SSI's Retail Reports | No Comments
Year-over-year Canadian retail sales of towable RVs fell 5.2% in February and 9.5% for the two months, according to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc.
Results by segment showed:
• Sales in the travel trailer sector retreated 4.7% in February and 9.3% for the two months.
• Fifth-wheel sales edged down 3% for the month and declined 6.9% year-to-date.
• Folding camping trailer registrations declined 21.9% in February and 23.5% for the two months.
• Recreational park trailers segment dropped 9.1% for the month and 21.1% year-to-date.
Thor Industries Inc. was the overall Canadian towables sales leader through February with a 39.7% market share, followed by Forest River Inc. (16.2%) and Jayco Inc. (11.7%).
Thor was also the leader in travel trailer sales year-to-date with a 37.8% market share while Forest River was No. 2 with a 15.1% share, followed by Jayco with a 13.3% share.
Thor held a commanding lead in the Canadian fifth-wheel sector through February, capturing a 50.6% market share, with Forest River at No. 2 posting a 17.6% share followed by Palomino RV at 7.8%. Thor was also No. 1 in park model sales with a 60% share followed by General Coach (13.3%).
Jayco led Canadian folding camping trailer sales for the two months with a 36.9% market share while Forest River posted a 30.8% share and Forest River’s Coachmen RV division held a 15.4% share.
To subscribe to this or other SSI reports, contact Scott Stropkai, national RV sales manager, at (616) 281-9898 ext. 128, or (616) 446-8179 (cell).
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/04/ssi-feb-canadian-towable-sales-down-5-2/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.