- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
SSI: Towable Sales Slow in February, Rise 3%
Posted By RVBusiness On April 17, 2013 @ 3:09 pm In Breaking News,News In Focus,SSI's Retail Reports | No Comments
Year-over-year retail towable sales edged up 3.1% in February while registrations for the two months showed a 12.8% gain. According to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc., results showed:
• Sales for the high-volume travel trailer sector were up 4.1% in February and rose 13.6% for the two months.
• Fifth-wheel registrations grew 2.8% for the month and 13.8% year-to-date.
• Folding camping trailer sales dipped 0.8% in February but gained 2.5% year-to-date.
• Recreational park trailer sales declined 36.7% for the month and 27.8% year-to-date.
Thor Industries Inc. was the towable sales leader through February with a 36.3% market share, followed by Forest River Inc. at 21.2% and Jayco Inc. with an 9.5% share.
By segment, Thor was No. 1 in travel trailer sales with a 31.7% share for the two months, ahead of Forest River (22.3%) and Jayco (11.3%). Thor held a commanding lead in fifth-wheel sales, capturing a 51.6% market share, while Forest River posted a 16.8% share and Palomino RV held a 6.9% share.
Forest River was the folding camping trailer sales leader for the two months with a 42.6% market share while Jayco (16.1%) held the No. 2 position followed by Columbia Northwest Inc./Aliner (15.2%) and Forest River’s Coachmen RV division (10.5%). In the park model segment, Thor was No. 1, posting a 19.3% market share, with Skyline Corp. second at 16.1% followed by Chariot Eagle Inc. with a 10.6% share.
To subscribe to this or other SSI reports, contact Scott Stropkai, national RV sales manager, at (616) 281-9898 ext. 128, or (616) 446-8179 (cell).
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/04/ssi-towable-sales-edge-up-3-1-in-february/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.