KOA’s Rogers Resumes Northern Indiana Tour
Jim Rogers, CEO of Kampgrounds of America Inc. (KOA), continues his visit to Northern Indiana today (May 10) and through the weekend with appearances at the KOA campground in Middlebury.
Woodall’s Campground Management reported that Rogers, who was the keynote speaker Thursday at the inaugural “RV Power Breakfast” held at the RV/MH Hall of Fame in Elkhart, will be speaking tonight at the Middlebury KOA, owned by Hope Perkins.
Perkins was in the audience of 400 people who attended the Power Breakfast, sponsored by RVBusiness magazine, sister publication to Woodall’s Campground Management.
At the breakfast, Rogers touted KOA’s Care Camps Big Weekend which starts today and runs through Sunday, Mother’s Day. The program raises funds to pay for camping experiences for children with cancer.
The Middlebury KOA has a full agenda this weekend:
Friday, May 10
• All mothers will receive a free carnation when they arrive, to honor them for Mother’s Day Weekend.
• Friday evening, there will be an ice cream social hosted by Rogers. Campers will hear about the work at KOA Care Camps, and then have a chance to view the KOA episode of “Undercover Boss” and get “the scoop” about the show from Rogers.
Saturday, May 11
• From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., there will be a vendor and craft fair, with everything from baked goods to temporary tattoos, local craft and “buzz cuts.” All vendor booth fees and auction items will be donated to KOA Care Camps.
• At 10 a.m., there will be crafts for the kids, including tie-dying T-shirts.
• From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., there will be a live radio broadcast.
• At 11 a.m., there will be a fishing tournament.
• At 4 p.m., campers can sign up for their bid paddles for the silent auction.
• At 4:30 p.m., there will be a Haystack Supper.
• At 6 p.m., there will be a Silent Auction and Live Auction, complete with ice cream and popcorn.
Sunday, May 12
• Church services at 8:30 a.m.
• Pancake breakfast from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.